High Efficiency Fireplace or Wood Stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it is between 1300 and 1400 sq ft. It was a pretty drafty place and we did not have a problem heating but I just liked the sound of that stove and when I saw it in person and talked to Tom and some of the others at Woodstock, I just thought it would be a great addition along with our remodel. With the remodel we added a room so more space to heat plus we put in a sliding glass door by the stove and were not sure if this might cause a problem. But, we also added a lot of insulation plus the new doors and windows and it just heats so easy that we finally told Woodstock that we could not get the stove. I would have liked to get it even to play with trying different burning techniques but....

Here are a couple pictures. You can see we are close to the metal barn:

View attachment 77792View attachment 77793View attachment 77794

Thanks Dennis. Nice room...the wood on the wall looks great!

Status
Not open for further replies.