High efficiency wood burning fireplace

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Bjseib

Mar 13, 2019
Hays ks
I need help deciding between a few woodburning fireplaces. I am currently looking at the kozy heat z42, the supreme Astra 24, and the supreme galaxy . We had a chimney fire in our builder grade fireplace a few weeks back so its time to upgrade to a high efficiency fireplace. I will be tearing the wall the fireplace is on down to the studs and reframing for a new unit . Does anyone have any pros or cons on these units i have listed? I am trying to heat mainly my first floor which is around 1400 sq ft . If you were I, which wood burning unit would you buy?

Thanks

Last edited:
The Z-42 is a solid unit, and is a good fit for most ZC replacements. Ive only installed 1 Supreme unit, it was very light, almost scary how light actually...

I have had the kozy for a year this past January. I like it no complaints.

Attachments

• E052C3C2-5870-46B7-858C-2A767F1B18EF.jpeg
    E052C3C2-5870-46B7-858C-2A767F1B18EF.jpeg
    135.6 KB · Views: 157
Reactions: webby3650