High Limit Temp Sensor

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowMud

Mar 19, 2013
Maine
When this trips, what do you need to do? anything? manual knows the problem but no remedy?

its a USSC 5500m

Thanks.

Many stoves use a snap disk. After the stove has cooled, press the center reset button. You'll hear/feel a click if it had tripped.

Remember, this is similar to a fuse or circuit breaker. Something caused it to trip... you need to figure out why the stove had overheated, especially if it happens again.

my other post " please help, I want to smash it..." explains why... my auger turns continuously, and at a fast rate on any setting.. instead of smothering the fire with a million pellets, I turned up the draft and blower on high. did a great job keeping up, but wow did it get hot. gotta do it though.

So there is something I need to set? the manual says its been tripped, but nothing else.. maybe ill just call the company for the third time today haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.