1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

High Low Fan Switch on Harmans?

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by tmiraglia, Jan 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tmiraglia

tmiraglia New Member

Loc:
    Philadelphia
    I have read a couple times about a hi-lo fan switch on some (?) Harmans. I have an Accentra insert. Do I have something like this? I didn't see anything in the manual. If so what is it for? Cheers...

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Dougsey

Dougsey Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Epping, NH
    My Accentra fs has one... open the control panel and look to the right. It's a rocker switch.
  3. pe islander

pe islander New Member

Loc:
    PEI, Can.
    My new XXV also has this "hidden" switch. It's not mentioned in manual and due to it's location, it almost seems to be an after thought! Through experimentation in the past few days, I can only guess that the switch gives the distribution fan a "boost" on the high setting only. My installers pointed it out to my and explained it me like that. But, again, it's not explained in the manual, so I'm left to speculate, and of course, refer to Hearth.com!
  4. tmiraglia

tmiraglia New Member

Loc:
    Philadelphia
    So far, I don't see one on my accentra insert.
  5. tinkabranc

tinkabranc Minister of Fire

Loc:
    South Coast MA
    It is a high/low switch for the blower when using on high settings.
    As others have mentioned, this switch is not mentioned in the manual anywhere.

Luckily, my dealer/installers were great in explaining just about everything about
    this stove and what little they missed Hearth.com has covered..LOL.
  6. davzog

davzog New Member

Loc:
    Southern Illinois
    I can't find it on my XXV either...can someone identify the location??? Thanks
  7. tmiraglia

tmiraglia New Member

Loc:
    Philadelphia
    I think you saw the answer on your other post but for others benefit:
    "look where the panel folds into the stove. the high/low rocker switch is on the stove
    itself, not on the panel where the settings are."This didn't seem to apply on my accentra insert.
  8. davzog

davzog New Member

Loc:
    Southern Illinois
    Yep, I sure did, but thanks for posting it anyway....again, anyone using the lousy owner's manual won't find the dumb thing....ha

I am amazed that they build such a good product and such a poor manual....goodness, I shure hope the stove is better than the manual....ugh!!!!!!!!
  9. tinkabranc

tinkabranc Minister of Fire

Loc:
    South Coast MA
    Even with a lousy manual, I am still a happy XXV owner. You will be too.
    Once you understand the "personality" of your stove, you won't need to look the manual
    anymore anyhow.
  10. davzog

davzog New Member

Loc:
    Southern Illinois
    Truly, I do like the stove a lot...it is our 1st one, and I am very impressed...

We pu it in the finished family room in the basement and it actually heats the upstairs, too...

Over the weekend we set thefurnace thermostat to 59, and the living room upstairs was at 66 or more just from the heat of the stove going up the open staircase....sure cannot complain about that.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.