High Output Baseboard

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jotulf3cb

Oct 19, 2009
Philly
I'm looking to install some high output water heated baseboard in a section of my home. What are the better brands to get and where online can I find the cheapest prices?
Thanks in advance!

I would look into flat panel radiators instead of baseboards, they radiate heat as well as heat by convection (hot air), on walls that will always have furniture in front of them go with baseboards. I've never heard of a higher or lower output baseboard, I don't think there is much difference in what you would get from HD, Lowes, and what you would get from an online or catalog supplier, other than the enclosure color, shape, or finish.
For my kitchen that is a large room that only had 9 feet of baseboard, and was always cold, I made two and three high baseboard set ups, the water flows through them in parallel and they made a big improvement as soon as I put them in. A guy from my heating company said it wouldn't help as the air can only be heated to X degrees once but I think the mass of water in the baseboards continues to heat the air after the circulator has stopped and that make the difference.

Looks cool. I like the way its off the floor. Type L copper instead of the flimsy stuff. Quantos, mi amigos?

Status
Not open for further replies.