High pitch squeal from Exhaust Blower!?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Sprucelee01

Aug 24, 2023
Bishop CA
Hello World.
Searched the forum and got some information on my issue but no concrete solutions.
Enviro Meridian insert brand new/installed Nov. 2023. About a month of service in a high pitch squeal started from being the surround. After removing the surround, I easily identified the source as the rotating rotor of the exhaust blower. Verified because when I touch the spinning rotor the pitch of the noise changes.
Side note: there is some oil/lube/liquid i on the floor of the stove around the exhaust blower. The liquid looks like it was splattered out from the rotating shaft..

Is this noise normal/common? Failed Bearing? Warranty issue? 3 n 1 oil on the rotor?

Thanks for any insights on the issues, if you’ve experienced it or have any solutions!

Reactions: ARC
It needs a new fan motor
Warranty call your dealer
Good luck!

I've had Enviro for 23 years and only changed the combustion fan once
When I was an Enviro tech I can only remember changing 3 fans in 15
years . Just the luck of the draw You have bought a tried and proven stove
It replaced the ef 3 which is one of my stoves

I've had Enviro for 23 years and only changed the combustion fan once
When I was an Enviro tech I can only remember changing 3 fans in 15
years . Just the luck of the draw You have bought a tried and proven stove
It replaced the ef 3 which is one of my stoves
Thanks for your input and encouragement. Maybe it’s a just a one off dud.