high soot build up on glass door breckwell p200I

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

STANG32

Aug 18, 2010
CT
my pellet stove has high build up of soot on the glass after a day or so of running.I have had the stove for 2 seasons now & I clean the glass every other day when in use due to dirty soot. i burn hammer hot ones pellets w/ <.5 %ash. I cleaned up the stove real well, blew it all out this summer & got all the ducts clear so I do not believe that is the issue. am I missing something?

Clean the airwash on the bottom of the door. I used compressed air and gently blow it out. Blow from inside the door down thru the airwash. I also make sure you can slide a thin object carefully thru the airwash.

ok, now I spoke ot breckwell last year & they told me the same thing. I removed the door from the unit & put it on the table, unscrewed the nuts holding it in place & cleaned up the area real well but the results remained the same.

STANG32 said:
ok, now I spoke ot breckwell last year & they told me the same thing. I removed the door from the unit & put it on the table, unscrewed the nuts holding it in place & cleaned up the area real well but the results remained the same.

There should be a gap between the plate and the glass. I have had to add washers to give it more clearance. Also when you remove the plate make sure there is no window gasket on the bottom. I have seen the gasket replaced by techs and they go all the way around. Its supposed to just be on the sides and top.

I use about 1/32 to 1/16 clearance between plate and glass to get a good flow.

Are you running the stove on the 1 setting?

I have been running it on setting 2 or 3. but todya it has been on 1 since it is warm in the house.
amazing how well this unit heats my whole colonial. imagine if Ihad forced air that couldreally move the air from the rom w/the stove in it to the other sides of the hose.

Status
Not open for further replies.