High temp tape

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dhungy

Feeling the Heat
Jan 7, 2010
Fingerlakes
If anyone has followed my struggles with venting, from leaks to melted tape. Well i went on a search for tape that would withstand the heat of the stove. Today i found 3M aluminum high temp rated up to 600 degrees. Anyone with any experience with this product?

dhungy said:
If anyone has followed my struggles with venting, from leaks to melted tape. Well i went on a search for tape that would withstand the heat of the stove. Today i found 3M aluminum high temp rated up to 600 degrees. Anyone with any experience with this product?

It's what I use to tape up my T cleanout cap. Works great. Think I got it at a local True Value store.

Good, picked mine up at agway which is a true value

Good stuff.

My experience with this stuff started with my install last winter of a used Whitfield Advantage.

I purchased the new type pellet vent with the built in seals. GRRRRRRREEEEEEEAAAAT no more silicone sloppy mess to seal the pipe.

Wrong, the two connections iniside the house leaked wisps of smoke just as soon as I fired the stove off.

T went to the ACE hardware and got a roll of that 3M high temp tape and wrapped each joint carefully.

SWEEEEEEET looks good and best of all, no more leaks. Nice part is that if you need to get the pipe apart, you can simply warm the tape with a hair drier and peel it off.

This tape makes a real good extra measure of a leak free pipe system.

Snowy

Good stuff, first time I used it was when I put my Revolution in, Since then I've found a lot of other uses for it. Not quite as versatile as duct tape, but better for some things, patching screen windows, for instance.

Status
Not open for further replies.