High Tempertaure Silicone for door gasket

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian26

Minister of Fire
Sep 20, 2013
Branford, CT
I ordered a gasket kit for my Drolet 1800 insert last year from SBI. It comes with a tube of high temperature silicone and just got around to doing it.

Went to replace it and found the sealant tube solidified. I should have done it last year and understand it probably hardened after sitting for a year plus. A new gasket kit costs around $30 and I have the gasket just need the silicone.

The tube is NuFlex 302 high temp silicone. A google search didn't turn up much.

Is there something else I can use? Maybe available at lowes or home depot as I want to get this project down this weekend?

Any stove shops or industrial supply places around you? May be able to get a tube there... Not sure how the ones available at lowes or HD compare....

Edit: Check automotive shops for the nuflex ... mentions engine gasket making...

Stove gasket cement. Rutland is one brand, there are others. Big box or a decent hardware store should have it.

I ordered a gasket kit for my Drolet 1800 insert last year from SBI. It comes with a tube of high temperature silicone and just got around to doing it.

Went to replace it and found the sealant tube solidified. I should have done it last year and understand it probably hardened after sitting for a year plus. A new gasket kit costs around $30 and I have the gasket just need the silicone.

The tube is NuFlex 302 high temp silicone. A google search didn't turn up much.

Is there something else I can use? Maybe available at lowes or home depot as I want to get this project down this weekend?
Lowes and Home depot should both have comparable high temp silicone.

Strange it was hard in the sealed tube. But it must have a shelf life. Ovecourse you can you any of the gasket cements you find at stove stores.

I liked the high temp silicon. I found it to adhered to the gasket and door, and remained pliable. I got it at a automotive parts store. Ultra high temp copper.

Status
Not open for further replies.