High-tensile fence installation

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeathens

Minister of Fire
Jan 25, 2007
Athens, Ohio
Anyone have any experience installing high tensile electric fence? I am getting ready to start on a CRP cost-share boundary fence project, and the NRCS drawings and details are kinda sketchy. Right now, I am just going to be installing about 700 feet of 7-strand high-tensile, pretty much a straight line. The other three sides will be finished up next year.

With that said, is it typical to insulate and loop each of the wire ends around the end posts, and then use a jumper between it and the next side? I am wondering because I assume NRCS will want me to complete this fence before $$ is disbursed, including wires.

Any suggestions or does anyone have a website that is pretty descriptive on this subject? Thanks!!

Thanks, xray!! I did a pretty good search on the internet and hadn't seen that web site yet. That's a pretty good one...

Status
Not open for further replies.