High Valley 2500 Installed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyCinSC

Jan 9, 2011
South Carolina
We just got our High Valley 2500 insert installed today and are in the process of burning three small fires to temper the stove. Come Monday it should be in full swing.

My wife and I both grew up with wood stoves in our house. I have gained a lot of knowledge lurking on hearth.com and though I should sign up finally.

Welcome

I have a High valley and love it. I'm in Fountain Inn Sc. We had a stove up north (Erie pa). Burning wood down here is so much easier. Lots of free wood on craigslist (in the spring and summer). I bought my insert used last Oct. I love the size of it. I've cleaned the ash out only once so far. The wood I have this year isn't seasoned completely so sometimes it's hard to get long burn times. I'll be ready next year. My only complaint is, I wish the side windows stayed clean. No matter what you do they turn black.

Where are you located.

We are in Blythewood north of Columbia. Currently working on fire #2 and look forward to fire #3 this evening so we can start the 24/7 use of the stove tomorrow. We have a good bit of seasoned wood to get us through this season. I need to start planning for next year though. Most of the wood I have came from downed and standing dead trees on our property.

Status
Not open for further replies.