high valley insert 1500

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mosquito

Aug 5, 2015
ohio
Just wondering what people thought of the high valley 1500 . Isn't a lot of information /reviews anywhere. Quality compared to others, burn time , any problems ? Not sure about the cats and i know thats a whole different subject but any info, opinions, and or criticism would be great. Thanks

Are you considering to install the 1500 into your ZC fireplace? Have you checked with the company whether that type of installation is permitted?

Well i didn't want to go there again. .... but yes i downloaded the owners manual, talked to my insurance, got another quote for a different chemney sweep/stove contractor crossed my t and dotted my i . No one within 100 miles of me has a problem with this.

I am asking because a quick look at the manual did not reveal whether it was listed for an install into a prefab fireplace. That would be the minimum requirement for me. If based on that information your local building inspector and your home insurance agree you are probably fine from a liability point of view. Get their approval in writing, though, to really cover your bases.

Ok i see where you coming from but it must be an older one

Attachments

• HV_1500_Manual_2015_8.5x11_Rev.2.pdf
    2.1 MB · Views: 172
That looks like the stove manual, not the one for the insert. See also page 12:
The Model 1500 was not safety tested for installation into a fireplace. The rear vent configuration of the Model 1500
allows for installation into a masonry fireplace (b)ut top and side clearance to a mantel have not been determined.

Status
Not open for further replies.