High winds, no secondaries

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Butcher

Minister of Fire
Nov 2, 2011
N. central Ia.
I dont get it. Last night we had the same 30mph winds outta the same direction. Stove was cookin along puuurrrfect.

Today they dont want to kick in. Coarse its only the second load of wood today. Maybe I'm just bein impatent?
I know, I know, I should oil the hinges on the back door but thats the cheapest burglar alarm I can think of.

Sometimes the wind will turbo charge my draft, other times it seems to hamper it. Barometric changes and temperature changes can make a difference too.

-SF

Guess I was just rushing things today. Just stuffed ole Black Sabbath full and the stove temp jumped right upta 500° in minutes, turned down the air to half and then to about 10% and I got floatin flames all over the place.

Status
Not open for further replies.