HiJack on eBay

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

restorer

Aug 16, 2006
Salt Lake City, Utah
I think several people got ripped on stoves today on eBay. Corn boiler, Bixby and Avalon Stoves were sold, but I don't think the lister was selling the items.I have seen this before. All were sold without mnimiums, started at $.99. Avalon sold for $760. Aqua-therm boiler for $11. Bixby brought $1,776.00. If you bought a stove today, check with eBay before you pay. I have seen this before over a month someone got away with selling the same stove six times using different ID's. Original listings just didn't seem right for heavy heaters being sold from Las Vegas, Nevada. If I am wrong I apologize to the seller and congradulate those who got great deals on Stove furnaces and a host of other items.

The seller has sold 400 items since 2000. That's a long time to build a reputation and want to squander it in a day.

Matt and withholding his judgement.

The $ sign at the end of the price tells ya its a spoof auction from someone overseas that hijacked a reputable users account.

the trees in the backround dont look like vegas area and unfortunately, I cant read the magnetic sign on the jeep parked next the the tent full of pellets

Dylan said:
UncleRich said:
I think several people got ripped on stoves today on eBay. Corn boiler, Bixby and Avalon Stoves were sold, but I don't think the lister was selling the items.I have seen this before. All were sold without mnimiums, started at $.99. Avalon sold for $760. Aqua-therm boiler for $11. Bixby brought $1,776.00. If you bought a stove today, check with eBay before you pay. I have seen this before over a month someone got away with selling the same stove six times using different ID's. Original listings just didn't seem right for heavy heaters being sold from Las Vegas, Nevada. If I am wrong I apologize to the seller and congradulate those who got great deals on Stove furnaces and a host of other items.

You've seen WHAT before??? Please explain!!!

Sorry, incomplete thought. Last Spring I saw the same stove sold by someone who stole several seller ID's and listed a set number of items with a Buy-It-Now value, but told buyers to email him before bidding. The stove sold six times. It was listed all over the country, but the pictures and description were identical.

yea that is funny green grass ?? there is no grass in in Navada that is funny and he already has 2 NEGITIVE feed backs,,, good eye guys!!! and it looks like a northeast pic or up in the hills in the west

stuart said:
yea that is funny green grass ?? there is no grass in in Navada that is funny and he already has 2 NEGITIVE feed backs,,, good eye guys!!! and it looks like a northeast pic or up in the hills in the west

It is interesting. Desert means no wood, no big trees and almost no grass. Looks like one of the picks has a row of Taylor poplars in the background. Maybe these are all cactus burners, or transplant Palms. Must cost a fortune to truck in splits.

yes ,,and the outher thing it is way too hot there he should be selling a/c 's not stoves, i dont think it gets below 0 there anyway

I had no idea a pellet stove could hold 115 pounds of pellets largest i've seen is 60. And yea the grass there is greener than in my yard. It looks like it's raining too............in las vegas it must be elnino its now starting to rain in the desert :eek:hh:

Status
Not open for further replies.