Hilarious article.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

bholler

Chimney sweep
Staff member
Hearth Supporter
Jan 14, 2014
central pa
This article popped up in my Google feed so I opened it to see what they thought were the 4 best 2020 woodstoves on the market. I was rather amused. The fact that they are using weight to btu output as a parameter is just hilarious. And the fact that #4 is on any list of best anything is absurd.

Reactions: jotulguy and EbS-P
That hurt my brain just reading that! Apparently they've never been to Hearth.com, or even a well known stove shop!

Paid Reviews?

Paid Reviews?
I would assume. I mean the drolets are good value stoves for sure. But the best on the market??? Come on

Even amongst the average click-bait sites this is pretty bad. Seems like the reviews were made on exaggerated marketing claims alone. And not just for stoves.

Last edited:
Reactions: PA Mountain Man
It reads like a paid article written by someone with a 7th grade level of understanding about the concepts of heat production and efficiency. Unfortunately lots of people looking to educate themselves will google "whats the best wood stove" and stumble across that article.

Google clicks are all this site and many others are about.

Even me who knows not much would not buy not one of those stoves--especially that US one..It made me tired to read it..HaHaHa c

Even me who knows not much would not buy not one of those stoves--especially that US one..It made me tired to read it..HaHaHa c
The drolets are good stoves especially when you look at the value aspect. But I don't see anyway they could qualify as best on the market

Just the grammatical (grammeratical? grammuretical?) errors alone would steer me away from that drivel. Any competent reviewer would make sure the spellings, punctuation and sentence structure are up to snuff.

Reactions: PA Mountain Man
The site purpose is stated clearly at the bottom of the page.
"We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases."

I like how they listed one of the cons for #4 as being basically a crappy stove. Yes, I’d say that is a con.

This is the 4th best stove on our list......... Out of the 4 stoves we are allowing on our list...

This is the 4th best stove on our list......... Out of the 4 stoves we are allowing on our list...
That Amazon has listed and wants us to promote.

• Haha
Reactions: Shrewboy
This right here is all they based their reviews for this clickbait crap on. This is the quote at the bottom off the page-

"We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases."

Notice these stoves made the cut, simply because you can buy them on amazon. And when you click their link on the article to buy the stove, and do buy it, they get money.

You can't buy a jotul on amazon, so it didn't make the cut.

• Haha
Reactions: Shrewboy
But just look at all their professional certifications!! The experienced team of HVAC professionals at learnmetrics.com are Energy Star certified and they have an estimated SEER of 20.50!! (They do not say if that SEER is their best guy or a team average.)

Screenshot_20210528-174716_Firefox Nightly.jpg

No simple clickbait scheme could have possibly accumulated this list of impressive jpegs. ;lol