Hilarious CL ads

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Curb alert? Yeah, park at the curb and come get the trash out of my basement. Really?

http://newjersey.craigslist.org/zip/3279563447.html
Curb Alert - Basement Debris-Use for firewood (Mt. Olive)

Recently gutted my basement. I have wood studs(with nails) sheetrock, some paneling. Its all organized in my basement for someone to come and take. Email me for the details.

Curb alert? Yeah, park at the curb and come get the trash out of my basement. Really?

http://newjersey.craigslist.org/zip/3279563447.html
Curb Alert - Basement Debris-Use for firewood (Mt. Olive)

Recently gutted my basement. I have wood studs(with nails) sheetrock, some paneling. Its all organized in my basement for someone to come and take. Email me for the details.
The sheetrock is just right to keep the fire from getting too hot from the pine with nails in it. It can go directly from his basement into my stove, no seasoning needed. You can use the paneling for kindling. One mans trash is sometimes anothers!

This guy in my area is selling his wood by the quart, lol.

windsor.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-home-indoor-other-THE-CHEAPEST-FIRE-WOOD-AROUND-W0QQAdIdZ417230706

Is the "quart" a French thing maybe a rick or face cord?

Is the "quart" a French thing maybe a rick or face cord?
Not that I'm aware of not many French speaking people around here and no bilingual sinage, I'm just across the river from Detroit. I think it's just someone with a wildthing trying to make a buck.

Oh and even the few legitimate firewood seller's cords only have 1/3 of a cord in them.

Wow ! We get a lot of those ads here too. Someday, I wanna go lay a big oak or maple on somebody's house or car, then explain to them why they should've paid the tree service to take it out. " Oh I'm sorry sir, did I forget to mention that my insurance is only my vehicle." A C

Reactions: mfglickman
http://jackson.craigslist.org/for/3299031640.html

This guy says make an offer. I offered $1.50 for each of his "huge" rounds. He texted back "one dollar and fifty cents?". So I proceded to tell him, that ten rounds that size MIGHT be 1/4 when split and stacked. I can get a 1/4 of split oak firewood right now on craigslist for $30 to $40. He decided he would just keep it. Was I wrong in my assessment and offer. He said he had 10 huge rounds, so that would of been $15.

http://jackson.craigslist.org/for/3299031640.html

This guy says make an offer. I offered $1.50 for each of his "huge" rounds. He texted back "one dollar and fifty cents. So I proceded to tell him, that ten rounds that size MIGHT be 1/4 when split and stacked. I can get a 1/4 of split oak firewood right now on craigslist. He decided he would just keep it. Was I wrong in my assessment and offer. He said he had 10 huge rounds, so that would of been $15.

I had a dozen large rounds (30" diameter plus) that filled about 75% of a face cord rack. Say 25% of a cord, so take the going rate of a cord ( not delivered, not split) and divide by four. Gives you a good starting point. Of course there are a lot of assumptions there.

I also pointed out the fact that the wood would not be ready to burn till maybe next year, probably 2 years from now.

I had a dozen large rounds (30" diameter plus) that filled about 75% of a face cord rack. Say 25% of a cord, so take the going rate of a cord ( not delivered, not split) and divide by four. Gives you a good starting point. Of course there are a lot of assumptions there.
These are not 30" diameter. I told the guy good luck. There will be a sucker out there that will give him more.

This spring I had 22 rounds about that size and it came out almost exactly half a cord s/s.

I think allstate already did that one.
The christmas tree is still my favorite...
" My smell......like a lumberjack"

Wow that's kinda weird. Clicked page two of this thread and it took me to pg. 1 As a matter of fact, I can't get to pg 2.
I must be at the nexus of the universe :eek:

TV's with a bubble back are not even made anymore. I have a nice 40" 1999 model that still works fine, but can't give it away, I've tried
http://sacramento.craigslist.org/bar/3260366584.html
It's that time of year, people think their just cut tree is worth $400 a cord, you pick up, not split, and in 12"- 30" lengths. This is the stuff we get for free sooner or later.

My wife made the mistake of telling a co-worker that I would come cut some trees for her because we "need firewood." She doesn't really understand the economics or risk issues of the situation but I decided to hold up the offer she had made and lend a hand anyway. All the while, this new homeowner (her co-worker), seemed to think she was doing ME a favor while I felled a high risk multiple trunk dead maple that was hanging over her house and the neighbors house. I managed to fell everything without causing any damage, (smart cuts/hinges, ropes, etc), but I must advise to anyone within listening shot NOT to make the the "mistake" I made. Obviously I was trying to appease both my wife and her friend, but, looking back on the time and risk, it was a very stupid endeavor and I should have put my foot down with a solid "no way."

My wife made the mistake of telling a co-worker that I would come cut some trees for her because we "need firewood." She doesn't really understand the economics or risk issues of the situation but I decided to hold up the offer she had made and lend a hand anyway. All the while, this new homeowner (her co-worker), seemed to think she was doing ME a favor while I felled a high risk multiple trunk dead maple that was hanging over her house and the neighbors house. I managed to fell everything without causing any damage, (smart cuts/hinges, ropes, etc), but I must advise to anyone within listening shot NOT to make the the "mistake" I made. Obviously I was trying to appease both my wife and her friend, but, looking back on the time and risk, it was a very stupid endeavor and I should have put my foot down with a solid "no way."

Exactly. I dont volunteer for either a freebie or a paid gig until I see it & can assess the situation thoroughly.If its beyond my skill level and/or comfort zone,I'll politely decline & explain fully my reasons to the property owner.

A man's gotta know his limitations..... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.