Hillarious conversation with oil company...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

abloy

Jan 18, 2012
OH
So, I've only bought one tank of oil this winter on December 15: 182gal at 3.49 + sales tax at 7%. Thanks to a full tank going into the winter, mild winter, and a month of the pellet stove, I actually have something like 70% of a tank left.

The funny part is that I transposed the numbers, and over paid the oil dealer by about $15. Not a big deal, but they left me a message about it, and I finally go around to calling them today to tell them to just apply it to the next tank:

Abloy: Yeah, I got your message last week, sorry about not calling you I was out of town, just apply it to my next order, don't bother sending me a check.

Oil Man: Ok, great, are you in a hurry or will later this week work?

Abloy: Uhh, I was just calling you back, I don't need any oil.

Oil Man; Wow! You must have been out of town all month. Your job must really have you running around if you don't need oil.

Abloy: Something like that, I'll call you...:)

Nice..... I wonder if that "Credit" will carry inflation? That $15 might be $45 the next time you need oil!! ;-P. J/K... :lol:

Feels good giving the Oil Man the Cold Shoulder, er, um, I mean Pelletized Warm House Shrug. ;-P

Nice that they have no clue!
I hope I do not get dropped from my oil company for not buying enough oi this year.

Bill

Guy came out a few weeks ago to fill ours (auto-delivery) and we only needed 28 gallons...he was out there at the truck tapping on the meter to make sure it wasn't broke...but it has been 70 degrees here all winter...

Sure is nice not having those oil bills. Went into winter with a full tank. Tank is still all but full. Even with the mild winter, it would have been expensive with oil.

We've been averaging about 12 gallons a month. The Oilman
called me to ask why & I told him if we didn't have to take a
shower every morning, he wouldn't have to stop here at ALL!

Status
Not open for further replies.