New England (MA, CT, ME, NH, VT, RI) Hillsboro, NH Aubuchon

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bogieb

Minister of Fire
Oct 31, 2014
South Central NH
Saw that they had several tons of Green Supremes. Sorry, don't know price as I saw them as I was driving out of the parking lot.

Odd, last year they didn't sell pellets (or not that I could tell). Maybe they expect the local pellet shop not to be open? However, there is another new stove place and Agway in town, so maybe they are confident they can beat their prices (which from what I have see, are high for what is available).

Reactions: CleanFire
Green Supreme= Terrible ash, no heat, and stove maintenance beyond belief. If they were the only pellet option on the market I would burn oil at 4 dollars a gallon!!!

JRA - haven't seen anything better out there yet in my area. I burned 4 bags last year and they were surprisingly good for me. Not the best mind you, but better than the Currans blend and NEWPs that I usually have the best access to. Maybe not better than the FSU's I was getting at HD last year - but I burned FSU's in a different stove, so couldn't really compare them.

JRA - haven't seen anything better out there yet in my area. I burned 4 bags last year and they were surprisingly good for me. Not the best mind you, but better than the Currans blend and NEWPs that I usually have the best access to. Maybe not better than the FSU's I was getting at HD last year - but I burned FSU's in a different stove, so couldn't really compare them.
If they work for you then that's what matters. Last year was my first year with a stove and the first ton I ever burnt was green supreme aka newp. I had no comparison at the time and thought all pellets were sooty and ashey, then I burnt a ton of other brands with no issues. They were to much work for me and I have heard the same for others. There is some sort of oil they use as a binding agent that makes the inside of my stove filthy, maybe soy oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.