Hilltop Pellets in Greene, NY / Currans

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisasst

Minister of Fire
Aug 13, 2008
cortland ny
Any one heard / use these guys. I asked woodpellets.com about delivery to cortland again and they said At this time we have transitioned our home delivery services to another retailer in your area. Hilltop Pellets in Greene, NY would be happy to service your pellet fuel needs.

I can't find website or anything..

I live in Greene , the guy that owns hilltop name is Enzo nice guy.They sell NEWP. I have a phone number 607-349-0431 or 607-656-4663.

JFUNN said:
I live in Greene , the guy that owns hilltop name is Enzo nice guy.They sell NEWP. I have a phone number 607-349-0431 or 607-656-4663.

Ah, thanks. Never had any luck with NEWP's so I guess no point in contacting then.

Try papa bears stoves in Marrathon they are closer to you. They sell Curran hardwood softwood blend that are good pellets. I believe they also have great american pellets too . Jeff

wait.. when did they start selling those pellets? Last time I checked they sold Kentucky Kernel Pellets only....The last Curran pellet place was close to Auburn NY..

emailed them today. He said he has The current pricing on Curran premium blend pellets is $236.00 and for the Super premium softwoof pellets it's $256.00. I am currently out of the hardwood pellets.

The price is up a little bit from when we picked some up in April. We paid 229 then. Jim is a real nice guy and they also sell pellet grills .

Jim at Papa Bears is an outstanding guy. In fact, dont call him Jim...just call him "papa bear" If you see him, you'll understand. $256 per ton for the Curran softwoods is about $15 less than what we will be selling them for this fall. We dont sell a lot of pellets, maybe a couple of hundred tons, but we got VERY good feedback on the Curran Softwood.

When you visit Jim, tell him Frank is up to "3". He'll know what you mean. I still owe that big doof dinner from a bet last year.

THANKS FOR MENTIONING PAPA BEAR. I TRULY APPRECIATE IT!! FRANK, WE ARE ON THE SAME PACE AND I'M THINKING I'M GOING TO BE UP TO 5 BY THE END OF THE MONTH. I DO HAVE CURRAN PREMIUM BLEND IN STOCK AS WELL AS GREAT AMERICAN PELLETS AND KENTUCKY KERNAL.

papa bears stove said:
THANKS FOR MENTIONING PAPA BEAR. I TRULY APPRECIATE IT!! FRANK, WE ARE ON THE SAME PACE AND I'M THINKING I'M GOING TO BE UP TO 5 BY THE END OF THE MONTH. I DO HAVE CURRAN PREMIUM BLEND IN STOCK AS WELL AS GREAT AMERICAN PELLETS AND KENTUCKY KERNAL.

Hey Jim you gave me some Great American pellets in the spring and you wanted feedback but the weather got to warm to burn much. I will let you know in the fall. We also are looking forward to purchasing a pellet grill. Jeff

Hi Jeff, its good to hear from you and thanks for the upcoming feedback. Anytime you're ready for some awesome grilling let me know and we'll get you going!! It's good to hear from you!!

Status
Not open for further replies.