Hip replacement news?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

colebrookman

Minister of Fire
Feb 7, 2008
Middlefield, Ma
Any news on Dennis and his hip replacement? No video on you tube.
Ed

I didn't realize he was having surgery. I hope he is well, and recovers quickly.

I just called and spoke to his wife Judy and Dennis is recovering nicely. Judy said that Dennis may come home today IF she can get past all the snow on the road.. Judy has been plowing with the ATV they recently purchased and is doing OK.. Just thought I'd pass this info along as Dennis is a popular man on campus here.. I go back to work tomorrow so I may not have another opportunity to pass along this information.

Ray

So happy to hear good news. Thanks Ray.

Yea! Great news. Thanks for the update.

Good news indeed.

Good to hear. Thanks for the update.

[Ray[/quote]

Great news on Sav, I'm sure once he gets home he'll be signing on.

Zap

Thanks for passing on the news Ray.

Hey, that was nice when my wife told me that Ray called. No doubt you've by now seen the update I posted.

Thanks everyone for your concern. I do not expect any complications.

I have been lurking in this forum since September but afraid to post...I did not feel worthy enough....I kept thinkin....I wish I lived near Dennis so he could come over to give me a few tips on how to tend the stove.

Gamma Ray, thanks for your confidence but never feel that you are unworthy! You are. Yes, it would be nice if we lived closer. I do have a son in PA, near Reading.

Last fall we met a few hearth.com members at the Woodstock factory and that was super nice. I hope we can do it again. Craig is working on something and hopefully many of us will be able to meet.

Thanks for the support Dennis, I am trying super hard. I had a minor breakdown on Jan. 1st I told the husband I wanted to turn the wood stove off. I let my nerves get the best of me. He couldn't believe it because I do tend the fire so well. But every time I read your posts and you say that you have not had a chimney fire in 50 years I gain confidence. My grandparents heated their home with a coal stove and come to think of it......(they have passed on) they never had one and they were married about 60 years.

Hey Gamma, we'll celebrate 49 years this coming summer.

Just let the nerves calm down. I'll bet you are doing much better than you think you are. Remember, the big key to having a good wood burning experience is to have good wood!

But as for me, the hip is beginning to hurt too much so I am off to bed for rest.

Gamma Ray, check your PM's.

Welcome back Dennis . . . it may not have been for long . . . but we missed you.

Status
Not open for further replies.