Hit the 40 Bag Mark!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeS

Feeling the Heat
Jan 25, 2008
Maryland
Well just hit the 40 bag mark for this heating season. Sure wish I had written down previous seasons but this is by far a low point for pellet usage. Mild again the next couple days and then we get our first wintry blast on Tuesday and Wednesday. After that back into the 40's. Have 120 bags left and is looking good right now for not having to purchase any more pellets this heating season.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE!

It seems I haven't used many either(not counting) and I have been running a second stove intermittently this year.

At about 30 (need to check my "tally" marks).

Been a very Mild year. Im hoping for colder weather. This Mon and Tues, the high will be 20* with lows in the mid teens.

Last year I was well over a ton at this point. Well over.

DexterDay said:

Been a very Mild year. Im hoping for colder weather. This Mon and Tues, the high will be 20* with lows in the mid teens.

You are using the wood stove quite a bit right? How much have you burned in it so far? How many bags do you think the wood stove has saved you?

mepellet said:
DexterDay said:

You are using the wood stove quite a bit right? How much have you burned in it so far? How many bags do you think the wood stove has saved you?

Burned over a Cord of wood already. So, Yes, its kinda cheating... Saved quite a bit. Even when the stives run, it still saves some. Just because of the added heat. Which keeps the furnace running on a lower setting, for less time. Wood is definitely dirty and not as constant. Requires a lot of work, time, and tinkering. But with the Hot basement and also the added efficiency that it adds to the Fahrenheit. Its worth it in the end. Also, in the event of a Power outage, I can use it and our Pre-fab fireplace.

Burned 76 bags so far with a little over 200 left.
Started burning in October.
Burning about a bag a day.

Just put my 31st bag in tonight for a fire and a romantic dinner for the wife! Going to pickup some Italian and have it ready when she gets home. Table set up in front of the fire also! I love traditions like this! Happy New Year all......

Jim

I am about 2 tons in right now but my December gas bill was $120 compared to $360 last year. Not sure if I am saving any money yet but at least I am not losing anything

38 and 39 just went in the stove. Last season I was close to 60 bags. Just been pretty warm. Like money in the bank! ;-)

Bag 83 in the stove. My wife is a rural mail carrier, so even though it's been relatively warm, in Maine we've had a few very cold days. After driving around all day with her window open she wants it very warm! Pellets are my only source of heat.

I was using a bag a day, until the last couple of weeks, so I too just finished 45 bags after using the stove since mid October. Seems crazy. I just cracked open my brand new pellet supply yesterday. Bought 3 pallets in September, and just now got to them. :-/

Just finished bag 47, the last of last years NEWP. I only have 2 tons left, green supreme, hopefully that gets me through. It is good to see I'm in line with most of you, I thought I burned a lot considering how "warm" it has been in the North East. :)

over two tons here

I just brought home my third ton.

Running two stoves right now... house and shop. normally I use about 2 1/2 tons per season but this year will be quite a bit over that.

Up to 48 as of today. I've only turned on the propane furnace once for like 15 minutes, that was just to cycle the water in it. And that was really to see if it still worked :)

Happy New Year!!

Just loaded bag 57 into the stove.
Started burning mid October.
First floor high 60's, Second floor low 60's
Heating 2,500 s.f.. w/average insulation - built 2002

Burn'n & Learn'n year-2

Status
Not open for further replies.