Hit the wood limit

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

johnsopi

Minister of Fire
Nov 1, 2006
MD near DE&PA;
My wife said no mo wood. I brought home my last truck load today for a while. A guy from church dumped a
big dump truck load this morning. I even cut up a Maple tree for a guy today so he take it out of a man yard. I just don't think I need any more. Maybe I'll snap out of this soon. I've got 3-4 years of wood now, so unless it is real easy I not going after any more till next year.

That's a good situation to be in, loaded with wood! Did you ever think of selling some for extra money if you have enough for yourself and it's still very early in the splitting season?

Nice going John! Now the real challenge comes in defining whats "real easy". I know I just don't want to get so much that its starting to rot because I can't get it processed soon enough or I run out of covered storage room.

There should be some sort of support group for spouses of firewood addicts, sort of like al-anon. But not for my wife, because I don't have a problem. I can stop anytime I want to. Really. Right after this load. :grrr:

Quit collectng wood? It's easy. It's like quitting smoking. Done it 1000 times.

Ya'll can feel free to use my yard to relieve your habit. There is a little matter of distance, but that shouldn't stop a wood junkie :).

Status
Not open for further replies.