Hmm, can't get backyard any warmer

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lookin good!!! Love those 25-EP's. I love the Bay Windows. Thats the main reason I got my Classic Bay 1200.

I never thought in a million years I would eliminate my Propane with just that stove (didnt know about this Forum) but didnt take long before I noticed the furnace wasnt running. When I bought it, I thought it might reduce propane consumption by 50%.. Was astonished to find it reduced it by 100%
This November will ne 2 yrs since I had the tank filled. I am at 45%-50%. Used to go through 3-4 tanks a yr. Now its 1 tank every 3-4 yrs (still use it for cooking)

Congrats. Your gonna love it. Cant beat the customer service either. Second to none!

I still have HHO for hot water. Today, since I'm still on automatic delivery from the oil company, they showed up and filled my oil barrel . . .92 gallons. That was the first fill up since June 20th when they delivered 182 gallons. This will be the first winter trying to heat the whole house on pellets (thanks to my St. Croix furnace) and hopefully, my oil consumption will be down to less than 200 gallons for hot water for the entire year.

FredDels said:
I still have HHO for hot water. Today, since I'm still on automatic delivery from the oil company, they showed up and filled my oil barrel . . .92 gallons. That was the first fill up since June 20th when they delivered 182 gallons. This will be the first winter trying to heat the whole house on pellets (thanks to my St. Croix furnace) and hopefully, my oil consumption will be down to less than 200 gallons for hot water for the entire year.

Little off topic....

How do you like that furnace? Probably have not used it to much? Is it tied into your existing HVAC?
Going to get my 4" vent for my Fahrenheit Endurance this Saturday. It is 50,000 BTU's like your St. Criox. I cant wait. Quad can handle the duties, but this will give it a break at night.

DexterDay said:
FredDels said:

Little off topic....

How do you like that furnace? Probably have not used it to much? Is it tied into your existing HVAC?
Going to get my 4" vent for my Fahrenheit Endurance this Saturday. It is 50,000 BTU's like your St. Criox. I cant wait. Quad can handle the duties, but this will give it a break at night.

It's a beast!! It's not hooked into my duct work yet. I have most of the stuff but I need a couple of 45 degree angles. It's 10" coming out of the unit and tie into the main trunk on one side and into 8" for a short run into one of the bedrooms. So far, it's heats the house. I had to get up last night and shut it off b/c it was too hot in the house (lowest setting on furnace) and still haven't turned it back on. I may start it back up late tonight or wait until morning. I'm pretty confident it'll do a great job all winter.

The stove has now been running for a week with the hvac turning on only once when the stove ran out of pellets overnight. Temp here has been unseasonably warm, but did have one day where high was in the upper 40s and lows just around freezing and the stove at a 3 setting(9 being highest) kept my 2500sq/ft house at 68 degrees. This is great news since we typically keep the house at 66 degrees with propane use. Been using Geneva and Maine Wood pellets and the results have been good. Using about a bag a day so far.
Finished caulking the outside vent thimble and OAK on Monday. Made some room for a ton of pellets in the garage and just finished moving the last half of the tonnage into its "ready for use" area. Debating what brand to go with for the next tonnage. May splurge on some Oakies ($369).

Attachments

• pellets.jpg
    pellets.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 114
  • stockedpellets.jpg
    stockedpellets.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 111
Status
Not open for further replies.