Hmmm...Can gone. Whut do?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
that means it time to show off my balloon sculpting skills.......see, its a wolverine on a unicycle!

that means it time to show off my balloon sculpting skills.......see, its a wolverine on a unicycle!

And I can dazzle the rest of the crowd demonstrating my skills at pouring fishing sinkers.

You buggerz must not have been playing nice in the sandbox....
Tsk...tsk....

Reactions: Thistle
It has become an annual thing. When more traffic starts to pop up in the regular rooms, Craig will shut down the can. Not only does that keep this site from being sidetracked by a wide range of topics, it chases the regular members out of the can and back to helping folks.:cool:

No, not yet...Craig was tweaking some things in the software earlier, but this was not his intent. When he comes back & sees what happened, I'm sure he'll go back in & tweak it some more.

No, not yet...Craig was tweaking some things in the software earlier, but this was not his intent. When he comes back & sees what happened, I'm sure he'll go back in & tweak it some more.
Good to know - I thought it was coming a bit early this year.:mad:

As a relatively new person, I have NO IDEA what you are all talking about...

Reactions: tfdchief
The world famous "Ash Can". Where all the worlds problems are solved or are currently being worked on.

Reactions: PapaDave
The world famous "Ash Can". Where all the worlds problems are solved or are currently being worked on.
Ah. All this time I thought that was like a "trash file", so I never really moseyed around in it. Now I know better!! Thanks.:)

Warning - the ash can requires thick skin at times. Mucho personal opinion being flung around and splattering all over the place.:eek:

Reactions: tfdchief and ScotO
ah, the glorious Ashcan....
Where everyone has all the answers...and makes up chit as they go along....
Friggin priceless.
It is my comedic relief along with....
all the smut on facebook I can dig up...and send to my closest friends...>>;);lol

Reactions: ScotO
LOL!!!!!!

What happend? I blacked out for a few hours. Whoa! Where's the Ash Can......

Reactions: GAMMA RAY
If y'all want to check how accurate your guesses and "feelings" were, here's the deal. I tried to set permissions so that newly registered users could not post there until after they posted elsewhere...and I messed up.
I just posted there! So......I have successfully established I am not a new member. :) What's next middle aged member? I know Dennis is and OLD member, but what am I?==c

If y'all want to check how accurate your guesses and "feelings" were, here's the deal. I tried to set permissions so that newly registered users could not post there until after they posted elsewhere...and I messed up.

Now Craig, you know in the computer world that we didn't "mess up". Database error, Undocumented territory, beta test, something, but we never mess up.;lol

Well, in tech terms, I changed the permissions so that only verified members could do Ashes. Verified members are new members with at least 2 posts. Or, old members who have not been back in a long time....who then post 2 more posts.

BUT, I think Verified may not include normal members who have been on the new forum since day one. It's all so complicated....so many possibilities.

I probably should not have even embarked on that journey - it was due to a new member whose first post was in the Can...that is a no-no.

Well, in tech terms, I changed the permissions so that only verified members could do Ashes. Verified members are new members with at least 2 posts. Or, old members who have not been back in a long time....who then post 2 more posts.

BUT, I think Verified may not include normal members who have been on the new forum since day one. It's all so complicated....so many possibilities.

I probably should not have even embarked on that journey - it was due to a new member whose first post was in the Can...that is a no-no.

Are any of us really "normal"?

Reactions: Defiant
Status
Not open for further replies.