Hog Heaven ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Waterbug

Nov 15, 2011
northern Michigan
I'm new to the forum and pellet stoves. I just installed an England Stove Co. 25 EP last weekend. I've been visiting this forum and doing pellet research on the net since then. I discovered that I live only 12 miles from the manufacturing plant of the Michigan Pellet Co. http://www.michiganwoodpellet.com/order.cfm Does that mean that I live in Hog Heaven ? Gotta be lucky to live that close to a pellet manufacturer that allows pick-up at the plant. Does anyone have any experience with their product ?

Based on reviews here and the couple bags I burned 2 yrs ago, I say there not that great. But thats my opinion. Others may love them. Buying from the plant is probably a lot cheaper too. Best thing to do, is to try a few bags 1st. Before you commit to a large quantity.

I'd try a couple of bags for the heck of it. Specially if you can score them for a reasonable price.

My experiance on them is here somewhere. They burned OK, But pretty dirty overall. Ash was light and fluffy but more than I normally see on average. Heat was slightly below avarage. But if score for a cheap price I'd burn them. We dont see them around here all that much anymore. Most dealers stopped selling them due to the large number of complaints.

Status
Not open for further replies.