hold Wood stove Belanger, need informations

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Annie66

Dec 29, 2013
canada , quebec
Hi

I love your blog ! you help me a lot before, my English is poor , sorry! but I hope you understand me !

I move in new house, in the place I have a wood ‘cooking’ stove Belanger with boiler

I d’ont understand the ‘key?’ could you help me?

I put picture

If I want save wood , how should I place the key for better performance? Right or left ? and the boiler is it true if I not put water I will break it?
thak you very much !

Attachments

• boiler.jpg
    boiler.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 446
  • key.jpg
    key.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 427
  • poele.jpg
    poele.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 2,625
Hi

I love your blog ! you help me a lot before, my English is poor , sorry! but I hope you understand me !

I move in new house, in the place I have a wood ‘cooking’ stove Belanger with boiler

I d’ont understand the ‘key?’ could you help me?

I put picture

If I want save wood , how should I place the key for better performance? Right or left ? and the boiler is it true if I not put water I will break it?
thak you very much !

Hi Annie,

Me too, I have an old Belanger wood stove. The boiler does not have to be filled with water to use the stove, leaving it empty won't damage it. The key that you have on the wood-burning side is for flipping the iron plate over to open up the wood burning part and put in larger pieces of wood. Remove the round plates first and then flip it open.

Quand c'est un Belanger, c'est pas necessaire de rempli le 'boulloir'. Ca function tres bon sans l'eau comme un poele au bois. Je save pas le function de la cle dans le photographe, je pense que c'est pour ouvrir le boite du feu (enlever les plats du fer) et pour mettre du bois plus gros. Bonne chance.

Charlotte987

Hi Annie,

Me too, I have an old Belanger wood stove. The boiler does not have to be filled with water to use the stove, leaving it empty won't damage it. The key that you have on the wood-burning side is for flipping the iron plate over to open up the wood burning part and put in larger pieces of wood. Remove the round plates first and then flip it open.

Quand c'est un Belanger, c'est pas necessaire de rempli le 'boulloir'. Ca function tres bon sans l'eau comme un poele au bois. Je save pas le function de la cle dans le photographe, je pense que c'est pour ouvrir le boite du feu (enlever les plats du fer) et pour mettre du bois plus gros. Bonne chance.

Charlotte987

Merci Charlotte! Annie was lucky to find another poster from Quebec who has the same stove and bonus for us, your bilingual!

Just a word of caution - make sure you have both smoke and CO detectors to be safe! Give the old stoves and venting a very good inspection so you don't have smoke leaks.

PS - Just noticed it is an older post but it is good to see someone who is bilingual here!

Merci Charlotte! Annie was lucky to find another poster from Quebec who has the same stove and bonus for us, your bilingual!

Just a word of caution - make sure you have both smoke and CO detectors to be safe! Give the old stoves and venting a very good inspection so you don't have smoke leaks.

PS - Just noticed it is an older post but it is good to see someone who is bilingual here!

Hi Lake girl:)
Just to let you know, wood stoves are regulated/inspected by the fire departments in the province and brought up to code whenever someone buys a home with a wood stove. As for smoke and co detectors, its municipal law that every home has several of them. Thanks for your input.

Same for here but some slip through the cracks. Where I live there is no municipality ... but I live with a career fireman so we have detectors all over (permanent wired and interlinked battery). ;)

Merci Charlotte
Thank you for your french French :)!!!Ok for the boiler empty ,I have both smoke and CO detectors , the key is not the big one on the right, i know is for flipping the iron plate, but the little key just at left in the picture on the middle
thanks
Annie

Hello Annie,

It's a metal slider for the oven, when its at the extreme left it closes the metal seal for the oven so little heat gets into the oven, slide it right and it opens the metal partition inside and lets heat into the oven side. That way you can use the oven when its heated up. Use an oven thermometer to test the heat, or you might have a working one on your oven door, by the looks of it. Good luck.

C'est un curseur en métal pour le four, lorsque son à l'extrême gauche, il ferme le joint d'étanchéité métallique pour le four si peu de chaleur pénètre dans le four, faites-le glisser à droite et il ouvre la cloison métallique à l'intérieur et permet de chaleur dans le côté du four. De cette façon, vous pouvez utiliser le four lorsque son chauffé. Utilisez un thermomètre de four pour tester la chaleur, ou vous pourriez avoir un fonctionnement sur votre porte du four, par les regards de celui-ci. Bonne chance Annie

Charlotte

Hello Annie,

Do you have a metal foot-pedal on the back of your stove? Mine is connected to a metal arm but I don't know what its for, it seems to lift the stove at the back, but I don't know why anyone would want to do that.
Avez-vous une pédale de métal à l'arrière de votre poêle? Le mien est relié à un bras de métal, mais je ne sais pas ce que ce est pour, il semble soulever le poêle à l'arrière, mais je ne sais pas pourquoi quelqu'un voudrait faire cela.

Charlotte

Status
Not open for further replies.