Hollow Helps

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TimJ

Minister of Fire
Apr 10, 2012
Southeast Indiana
Cut down a 64" diameter white oak tree which I measured at the base. Fortunately it was hollow because I could not have done it with my 390. All of the outside wood is solid. There were a couple branches that were over 36 inches. This will yield alot of wood. With my new log splitter, I will get the rounds split up easily.

Attachments

• bearded asil hen 160.jpg
    bearded asil hen 160.jpg
    299.1 KB · Views: 141
  • bearded asil hen 165.jpg
    bearded asil hen 165.jpg
    303.4 KB · Views: 125
  • bearded asil hen 164.jpg
    bearded asil hen 164.jpg
    254 KB · Views: 129
  • bearded asil hen 163.jpg
    bearded asil hen 163.jpg
    262.3 KB · Views: 108
  • bearded asil hen 162.jpg
    bearded asil hen 162.jpg
    218.7 KB · Views: 138
  • bearded asil hen 161.jpg
    bearded asil hen 161.jpg
    312.4 KB · Views: 114
That's a monster! :eek: Even being hollow, that will be a shirtload of wood. Got my eye on a White trunk. One guy said "go for it" but he thinks it may be partially on his neighbor...haven't been able to talk to that guy yet. My Whites never die like the Reds do but I did get one that blew over last Summer...

Nice score! :cool:

Too bad it wasn't solid!! That puppy would have yielded 50 to 60 splits per round! That's the kind of trees I like to get.....the ones where you could heat your house for a whole week from one or two rounds. Either way, nice score Tim! Get 'er split up and show us the heap of splits you end up with. You'll be a little while!

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
sweetscore!

I hate cutting hollow trees..... Bu this one will give you lots of super wood Tim.

Status
Not open for further replies.