hollyWOOD

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Occo370

Jan 23, 2010
Jersey Shore
well..... today my neighbor had 3 trees taken down. i went over to talk to the tree service. they said they would stack it all by the road for me, since i naturally said i would take it all. Then to my my surprise they guy told me he would dump his truck for me in the driveway. i don't know how big or how much the truck held because there was all rounds thrown in it BUT it was one of those very large trucks you always see the tree guys with. since i had to leave for work this afternoon i haven't seen the pile yet. My wife said it was huge. by the size of the truck im assuming there is 2-3 cords in there. ill see once its split and stacked.....and i'll throw pictures up in the morning ... i know we all like pictures... but if you could guess what kind of truck and fill me in ( guess again ) how much wood .... attached is a picture of a random truck id say is about the same size ( roughly )

Attachments

• truckandchipper.jpg
    truckandchipper.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 604
I would guess on cord if its loaded with large rounds. More if small rounds.

I'd guess from 2 to 3 cord, but it is only a SWAG. Sounds like a winner no matter how much is in there.

what is a swag?

Sophisticated wild ..... guess.

ohhh.

I will post tonight

WELL HERE IT IS.. finally a picture to post... i chipped away at it already about 2 face cords barely put a dent in it... any idea what im loooking at here...

WELL HERE IT IS. finally a picture to post. i chipped away at it already about 2 face cords barely put a dent in it... any idea what im loooking at here...

Attachments

• IMG_0413.jpg
    IMG_0413.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 377
  • IMG_0413.jpg
    IMG_0413.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 369
here is a couple of pictures of my truck full.... and one of where i process the wood. the truck full is some of the standing dead cherry i talked about not too long ago.

Attachments

• IMG_0387.jpg
    IMG_0387.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 359
ohh

Attachments

• IMG_0386.jpg
    IMG_0386.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 359
That was a disaster posting that. Now that I looked. I don't think that was the cherry. Ohh well here's a pic :)

My best guess is Bl. Walnut but I'm not real sure about it.

OUTSTANDING SCORE ........whatever it is, you'll be warm for quite a while with all that!

really sweet ooco,drop em a case of clod ones and i bet your wood adventure is only begining...

rod

and by clod ones i meant cold ones,darn fingers dont work in conjunction with my brain at times

It's amazing the amount of wood being cut down this week on my block. Unfortunatly I can't take anymore until I process that load. It's upsetting

Back yard?

Well. Are there any estimates on this yet

have 1/2 acre only. I try to keep a nice yard. Just had it airated n seeded. Don't want to throw it on grass. As u see in one pic I have a cement area I process on. It's full right now until I stack. Then this will have to be moved there.

We see that Roddy - seeing that you're "ont too far from punta cana" :)

Just to answer the question that tree truck will hold enough rounds to make 2 strong cords when split out. I know first hand I own a truck the same size.

Status
Not open for further replies.