Holy Barefoot

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

skibladerj

Mar 4, 2013
North of Scranton
Today I tried Barefoot pellets for the first time. Damn this 'Bare' got some skinny long toes!
2013-04-01_18-53-20_227.jpg
2013-04-01_18-56-23_432.jpg

Sadly I don't have my calipers at the house but barefoot is on the left and a lignetics is on the right. I will get some numbers on the diameter tomorrow. Being that this is my first run in with these do they run skinnier than others?

Fixed... damn smart phone lol
I've seen a few 1.5" pellets in each bag, but nothing that long.
Just out of curiosity, what was the "born on" date? (Under the vertical bar at the top-corner of the bags)

I believe pellets come in 2 different sizes. There is 1/4" and 5/16" or is it 3/16" and 1/4"??

I know that Lignetics (and my Presto Logs, also made by Lig) are much bigger in diameter than every pellet I have tested. So out of 15 brands or so, Green labels and Prestos are Bigger in diameter.

So unlike your revalation, I find most pellets are of a smaller diameter Die and Lignetics are the only Pellets I know that use a larger die.

Reactions: Phil D.
The pellets came from the Troy, PA plant and were "born" on 2/13 I believe. Most of the bag was normal these long ones probably make up 1% of the bag though.

Whoa, my Italian pizza stove wouldn't like Big in's likes the Little in's better;lol

Reactions: will711
The big difference I found was that they be long but they break easily. Other pellets are often long and don't break easily, they make popping noises as the augur moves them which can sound a bit odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.