Holy Cow! A Dauntless on ebay

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmmm, i dont know that stove, but they converted it with a gas log?? Or is this unit designed to be burned with a gas log. Most gas log manufactures i know dont allow there products to be installed in stoves. Main reason heat destroying them. A open fireplace gives plenty of ventalation for cooling log sets and not melting components. Sounds like bad news to me.

Back in the days of the Dauntless, I'm almost certain it came in a gas log model. If it didn't come in gas, there was a hole you could punch out to install a gas log set. I know it's one of the two. I'm not interested in it in the least, but it's a need stove back from old school Vermont Castings.

The wood unit was always something I considered among the most attractive (non) heaters on the market.

The heck with the stove, I want that bath tub sitting behind it!

Corie said:
http://tinyurl.com/gx442

(Edit by Mo: Corie, for gosh sakes man, use TinyURL for those monster links!) :)

Tiny URL isn't required. This forum software allows for a URL to be smaller words by clicking the "<a>" above during submission of a post

Like this : Holy Cow

Warren said:
Corie said:
http://tinyurl.com/gx442

(Edit by Mo: Corie, for gosh sakes man, use TinyURL for those monster links!) :)

Tiny URL isn't required. This forum software allows for a URL to be smaller words by clicking the "<a>" above during submission of a post

Like this : Holy Cow

Good point, but your link is somewhat confusing. To me at least. Here's another example:

Mulch link

I think I actually like this better than using TinyURL, but I'm not sure how straight forward others will find it.

Thanks Warren.

Status
Not open for further replies.