holy score batman

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tumm21

Jul 16, 2011
North Jersey
Just went passed this house that just cut down an oak tree and two nice size ash trees. All have been cut in 18 inch sections. Looks like maybe 3 to 4 cords of wood. I rang the door bell to ask if they wanted it removed and the owner told me I could have it all. Holy Cow. I am going to have to make about 20 trips to get it all home. She called me and said if I wanted I could have more at another house of hers around the corner. I have 12 cords split and stacked already. Am I too greedy?

ou need to focus your camers I can hardly see what you are talking about

If you have the room for it take it! You could maybe take a break for a season once you get it all and split and stacked. Nice score.

Go get busy...love it!

If you have room, take it. Your helping them out too, so that feels good.

I say take it, get it home, split and stack it. Worst that would happen is you sell it in a year or two or take some time off from scrounging. A no brainer to me!

If you think you have to much fire wood, give some away.
If giving it away hurt, you didn't have too much ;)

If you "know" you have to much fire wood , sell some.
You must always have a reason & the room for more firewood ;)

Great score :)

Reactions: CageMaster
great score.

take and process all you can and then maybe you can take a year off

Best I can say is....WOW!

Good deal man. I have so many places I need to stop and ask....no longer have a pickup :(. Got saws!! Gonna need to buy the neighbor another bottle of crown and see if I can borrow his 6x12 trailer indefinitely!!!

Good job on asking permission though. Saw a PU with some rounds in it the other day with out of state plates pulled up next to some oak down next to the road near a guys house I know. He burns wood, but you can't see his house from the road, and he has like 1/4 mile of frontage anyways. Called him up and he went out and intercepted the thieves with some persuasion in hand, no wood stolen.

ou need to focus your camers I can hardly see what you are talking about

;lol Remember. Pics, or it didn't happen. Nice score tumm21! That sounds like some great BTUs at a great price!

Status
Not open for further replies.