Holy woodness!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jericho

Nov 16, 2014
CT
Hi all. So the state has been doing a lot of tree trimming along our roads in preparation for the any storms and Holy crap there are piles of amazing wood just sitting there. Any ideas what they do with it? I'm in CT by the way

Around here, the municipal tree trimmers simply leave the larger limbs in manageable lengths where they cut it. It will disappear onto a pickup truck or trailer soon enough.

The general rule in my area is to ask permission of the property owner if you want it. Many are happy to have someone take it.

Last edited:
They'd trim along the Merritt Parkway and I'd go early on a Sunday morning when the traffic was lower and grab some. That is, if there was any left. It went quick.

The advent of cell phones means this stuff doesn't sit around long anymore...

The Merrit is exactly what I was referring to. I wasn't sure whether the state intended on selling it or dumping it. Don't feel a run in with an over eager trooper

I don't think it's a problem. Just make sure you get all 4 wheels off the road. I was getting it just north of the Housatonic...

They are doing the same here. They started a week or so before I went on vacation. When I got back all the stuff along my road was gone. But I had a surprise when I drove up my driveway. The power line that supplies my house was completely cleared. I'm guessing there is a good 2-3 cords of wood lying on the ground waiting for me. Now I just need time to get it!

The Merrit is exactly what I was referring to. I wasn't sure whether the state intended on selling it or dumping it. Don't feel a run in with an over eager trooper

Selling it, now thats funny!

Status
Not open for further replies.