Holy $@%#

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ashamed to say Im even in the same state.

Since they're obviously concerned about the environment I wonder how many years they season their wood? :lol: I can't believe someone could be this stupid, unreal. I've heard of some idiots burning oil outside, I can't believe someone would introduce it into their home.

I had a neighbour that did that on his shop stove. Burned all his used motor oil and waste kerosene.

The color of the paint on the wall explains it all - they actually WANT to burn the house down!!!

Shoot man, you could fill 'er up with used motor oil, cooking grease, fryer oil from mcD's, gasoline, crisco, biodiesel, gawd, the possibilities are endless.....

Been "featured" on here before...he obviously hasn't sold it to anyone yet. Moving the thread to the Inglenook. Rick

There are no words....

Some yrs ago one of my late Uncles had one in his mechanic shop,pretty well designed & built.Not anywhere near the house though.

Went through a tough time and I burned waste veggie oil given to me by a friend in my old woodstove.
Put it in a 1lb coffee can and placed the coffee can in a cast iron pot for an emergency containment vessel.
Threw in a wad of paper for a wick and a little kerosene on top of the oil and slid 'er in the stove.
Lit the kerosene and let 'er go. Kept us from freezing to death for a couple of months.
NO, I don't recommend burning this crap in the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.