Holz Haufen Collapse

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I talked to my neighbor yesterday - he says he didn't see what happened, but on another night, he saw a couple of raccoons sitting on the top of the stack. If they were climbing up the sides or even rooting around on top looking for a food or a way in, I can see how they could have started an avalanche...

I already stacked everything that fell off into rows. not sure what I'm going to do with the rest yet. I'd have to move else, then move it back to restack in a HH - I don't really have anothe good place for it. Right now I have other projects I need to be working on, and the rest of the pile is at least off the ground and drying. That will have to do for now.

... I used to like raccoons :(

-Dan

Now doesn't tht about say it all. Good old Rockey is capable of destroying just about anything given enough time. I keep a large havahart trap ( coyote size) just for that reason. This year I trapped and distrubuted elsewhere 16 of the cursed things. They are dirt simple to catch, just toss some bread under or past the pan and set something heavy on top so they dont push it over so they can reach it from the sides. They have really long arms that stretch alot further than you think. Using gloves just toss him in the trunk and go find the land next to some neighbor a few miles away that you don't like and cut em loose. Set something waterproof under them in the trunk as they dig and crap all over and smell like fish. Contrary to popular belief they aren't going to turn around and come after you. They just shuffle off into the treeline to go bother someone else. Of course if you are so inclined a .38 works well also.

Status
Not open for further replies.