Holz Hauzen gone wild

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
flyingcow said:
firefighterjake said:
swagler85 said:
From what i have heard they dont actually do anything to speed up the drying. So curious as to why go through the bother. Anyone know?

I think Capt nailed it spot on . . . I got/get bored of doing traditional stacks and build the holz miete . . . besides it gives the neighbors and my friends something to gawk at and offer them proof that I have officially "lost" it. You can technically get more wood in a smaller footprint as well (since when built properly these things are very stable) . . . but this often requires going up 6-8 feet high and then it's a bit of a nuisance as you may need a step ladder. I mostly do it for the looks.

As mentioned . . . looks like this one was not built to lean inward. Four of them down and not a one has been destroyed until I have taken them apart.

Me thinks you're B.S.'n us. What?? No pics??

I've posted pics in the past . . . let me see if I cannot find one of the one or two I've made in the past.

Here are a few . . . the one with snow on it is the one I have outside right now seasoning . . . the other is one I built a year or so ago.

Attachments

• smallhm2.jpg
    smallhm2.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 134
  • smallhm.jpg
    smallhm.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 156
Jake don't B.S. probably 14 or 15 cords ahead also :lol:

cptoneleg said:
Jake don't B.S. probably 14 or 15 cords ahead also :lol:

Nope . . . I figure I've got maybe 3-3 1/2 seasons of wood . . . 1 1/2 season in the shed currently and another 1 1/2-2 seasons outside (maybe a total of 10-12 cords).

Status
Not open for further replies.