Home Depot and Lowes Pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skippydo

Sep 30, 2008
Butler, Pa
Just got back and checked on the pellets, each had a variety.
$218.00 for each ton, or $4.37 a bag
North of Pittsburgh, Pa.
Most expensive anywhere this heating season was $235.00 a ton.

Double post - deleted

Home Depot in Taunton,Ma has pennington and bayou for $247/ton less 10% if you are a veteran.

Picked up four bags of the bayou pellets - I'm impress so far with the heat output but the pellet length in the bag varied from about 1/4" to some almost 2".
My stove doesn't much care but I some stoves do.

Aaron

Hey guys, make sure that your posting these prices in the "Fuel Price Reports" section at the top of the page.

True Story:

Wife had to pick up some poinsettias today at Home Depot for Church tomorrow.....so while she's cruisin' the flowers, I'm looking around and ask an HD guy where I can find pellet fuel. He looked me right in the eye and said "Sorry sir, Home Depot does not carry any wood burning appliances or fuel for them" I asked "Store policy?" "No sir, Home Depot policy."

I walked away shaking my head and found the wife and we looked at a few things and we run into a guy with a "Manager" badge over in the other side of the store. So I asked him the same question and got the exact same answer. "Home Depot policy does not allow the sale of wood-burning appliances or fuel."

I'm still wondering.....

opus74 said:
......we run into a guy with a "Manager" badge over in the other side of the store. So I asked him the same question and got the exact same answer. "Home Depot policy does not allow the sale of wood-burning appliances or fuel." I'm still wondering.....

Next time your in there, ask the manager to pull-up the HD website on his computer and type "wood pellet stove" in the search window. I've done this before when there's something that I KNOW they sell, but they try to tell me otherwise.

I'd love to hear a HD manager try to explain why he knew nothing of it.

macman said:
I'd love to hear a HD manager try to explain why he knew nothing of it.

He-he great idea. This store is sad; they opened a huge Menard's about 2 miles down the road a year ago.
I think us and one other couple were the only ones in the store at 4pm on a Saturday afternoon. It's like that most of the time.
I was there only for the Poinsettias...... :smirk:

If you belong to the HD garden club, you can get an on-line coupon
for...buy one get one free... good till december 27th....
When I went to pick up the poinseta for the wife, I forgot the coupon,
well, have till the 27th.
Am I aged? YES

Red Devil said:
...buy one get one free... good till december 27th....
Yep, got that coupon too....going to use it tomorrow or Monday.

If it is the coupons that you get by having the HD credit card I have forgotten the coupon more than once now and just told them at the register they took the discount and extended the credit terms with no fuss. One time I came home to find a coupon just came in the mail, so I took the coupon and my recipt back to the store later on and the customer service clerk called the HD credit card people and got the coupon terms put on my purchase without having to do a return. One big reason I shop HD and not Lowes.

Status
Not open for further replies.