Home Depot and Lowes when will they drop there pellet prices

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Duke53 said:
......FWIW, TSC in Potsdam has American Wood Fiber pellets for $204.00 a ton; I've never used that brand.

The AWF pellets are a real good "shoulder season" pellet, and could be stretched into the winter if nothing better was available. But with the Somersets at the same price, that's the only way to go, IMO.

EDIT:

Duke, did you go to the Post Office & get the "moving kit"....it has a 10% off coupon, IIRC.

stopped in HD yesturday and they went up to 209 a ton. not to bad. Got a couple bags of Freedom Fuel to test. No corn in first bag that i notced. So far not to bad a Pellet...

imacman said:
Duke53 said:
......FWIW, TSC in Potsdam has American Wood Fiber pellets for $204.00 a ton; I've never used that brand.

The AWF pellets are a real good "shoulder season" pellet, and could be stretched into the winter if nothing better was available. But with the Somersets at the same price, that's the only way to go, IMO.

EDIT:

"Duke, did you go to the Post Office & get the "moving kit"....it has a 10% off coupon, IIRC."

I know nothing about a 'Post Office' or 'moving kit'; care to point me in the right direction?

TIA

- D

Home Depot no longer sells pellets here in Anchorage, and Lowes sells by the bag $8.95 ea!!
I gotta find a different supply! Cheaper to heat using the regular furnace.

Most dealers here are selling for around 245$ Canadian but add in the new Hormonized Sales Tax and your now paying 275$ Canadian. The prices are on LG's and your paying more for premium brands. That breaks down to around 5.50 $ Canadian or 5.40$ US. In other words, I'm going to the States to buy my pellets. Can't wait to see the look on the border guards face as I pull in to customs.

You'll have to claim it and pay GST at customs, won't you?

something has to pay for your healthcare.... don't worry, ours will be $20 a bag in 2 years the way our administration is mucking things up...

Yup............Tax Next

HD on Long Island had 269.00 for Stove Chow, used 10% moving coupon from Lowes. Best price I could finagle on LI. Also used coupon for 12 month interest free financing. Picked up 3 tons, not quite pig status I guess.

Attachments

• IMG_5319.jpg
    IMG_5319.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 421
eschills said:
HD on Long Island had 269.00 for Stove Chow, used 10% moving coupon from Lowes. Best price I could finagle on LI. Also used coupon for 12 month interest free financing. Picked up 3 tons, not quite pig status I guess.

If you hauled them in a gas hog it does. :)

It's really not that bad. Most officers won't even bother for this type of stuff unless it's electronics and such. It's 13 % tax on pretty much everything now as it used to be 8% GST and 7% PST. You talk about health care, yes we do pay enough. There are many ways to make it better. Still wouldn't go without it. Couldn't imagine life without it. I really don't see why you guy's are so against it.

home depot here in bangor has fireside for 209. Lowes has maine choice and green team 195. 20 total for deliverly if you by 4 or more tons. Cant beat that. wish I had more room for cheap pellets

harmon xxv (never had a problem burning any brand of wood pellet. As I see it, the cheaper and the least dusty the pellet- the better)

2 tons athens(super premium)
1 ton green team
1 ton maine choice

evil said:
It's really not that bad. Most officers won't even bother for this type of stuff unless it's electronics and such. It's 13 % tax on pretty much everything now as it used to be 8% GST and 7% PST. You talk about health care, yes we do pay enough. There are many ways to make it better. Still wouldn't go without it. Couldn't imagine life without it. I really don't see why you guy's are so against it.
We're against it because we already pay for our own..... and when this passes, I'll have to pay for 3 or 4 people via taxes instead of just for myself.

You want it? pay for it.

can't afford it? lose your cell phone and you can.

Priorities of most 'poor' american's are f*&^^ed. They have cable and a cell phone but won't pay for their own health care.

I'm self employed and pay for my own 100% out of pocket. Why can't eveyone else?

briansol said:
evil said:
We're against it because we already pay for our own..... and when this passes, I'll have to pay for 3 or 4 people via taxes instead of just for myself.

You want it? pay for it.

can't afford it? lose your cell phone and you can.

Priorities of most 'poor' american's are f*&^^ed. They have cable and a cell phone but won't pay for their own health care.

I'm self employed and pay for my own 100% out of pocket. Why can't eveyone else?

so if your correct with the "I really don't see why you guy's are so against it" thought, is cause we are allready paying for it and do you think we will pay less? oh no. we will be paying double if not triple for what i am allready paying for..... i think thats the MAJOR concern.

(But I Love my Pellet Stove)

X2 with briansol

On Long Island NY, Nassau and Suffolk County's Lowes sells several different brand of pellets for $5.98 a bag AWF, Clean Energy, Somersets etc. Home Depot sell Stove Chow for $5.38 and Sams Club sells Penningtons for $5.34. I printed out the Home Depot Price e-mailed it to Lowes Costomer Service and they e-mailed back they would meet Home Depot Price less 10% making it $4.84 a bag. I know for you off Islanders this still sounds like a lot but its not. I cant imagine what the MTA charges a tractor trailer with a full load of pellets to enter and leave long Island. Hell the Throggs neck bridge alone is $1100 bucks a car!!!

just for s***s and giglles, i called the lowes in oaks, PA (near philly) still $5.99 a bag. i bought a ton earlier this year for $210 at a local lawn and garden place. can figure out why the big box stores around here have such a high price.

today went to local Home Depot in King of Prussia PA. Im in the heart of the tristate and they have Penningtons For 225 a ton or 4.45 a bag .With all the coupons you can get them for 210 a ton.Not bad for NOV. 1 and the area we live in where evrything cost more.ty rmw

ANother Ton of Green Teams From Lowes. 209 a ton 188 with 10% off. Getting their J :coolsmile:

( an Hour hawl in a half ton truck..lol..)

Attachments

• PB020027.jpg
    PB020027.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 372
samm6 said:
ANother Ton of Green Teams From Lowes. 209 a ton 188 with 10% off. Getting their J :coolsmile:

Yes you are! :)

Truck looks like she handles the pallet pretty well. Nice looking pellet hauler! Can't tell who's happier you or the p/u. :coolsmile:

samm6 said:

I got mine at Lowe's yesterday. How'd you get the 10% off? Sale? Coupon?

Curently 26* going to be a Low of 21* Wife instructed me to "Load up the stove"...lol.... SHe is Loving the warmth..

warmncozy said:
samm6 said:

I got mine at Lowe's yesterday. How'd you get the 10% off? Sale? Coupon?

You can pick up a coupon book at the local post office, its called the Movers Coupon Booklet or something.

The Lowes 10% off coupon is in there, Ask for a few of them, my local Home Depot accepts the Lowes 10% off coupon as well.

Never leave home without them......... LOL

I just came from HD in Greenfield Mass, Pellets are $219 .. I can use the 10% coupon so its $198 per ton, if I buy $1 of something else I can use the 12 month with no interest, AND use the HD 1 ton truck for free.

ATM, they are selling Freedom Fuel and Fireside Ultra, the store rep said that they are moving to the vendor of Fireside Ultra.... comments about these brands?

I went to our Lowe's store (Potsdam, NY) on Friday to pick up the last of the pellets (Somersets) I purchased a couple months ago, only to find out that the last pallet of them had been accidently sold to another customer (partially my fault as I hadn't gone to pick them up within the right time frame).
The manager (Sean) came out and offered me Hamer's Hot Ones at a lower price ($178.00) a ton. I'd only read about the Hamer's here, never used them, but ending up taking them home. Wow ! These things burn hot ... I wasn't crazy about the Presto-logs I tried but was VERY happy with the Somersets. The Hamer's are blowing them all away as far as heat. I had to lower both feed rate and blower speed to lower the temperature to where it was comfortable. I still have 2.5 tons of the Somersets here and will be happy with them, but if I have a choice in the future it will be the Hamer's.
It's cold here last night and this morning (-8° right now) and it is 76° in my living room and kitchen. Tonight will be the true test as -30° is called for, with wind chill bringing it down to -40°. Brr ... a wee bit brisk.
The entire staff at the Potsdam, NY is an absolute delight to work with; they are friendly and knowledgable and make a trip to the hardware store a treat. (I wish I could say the same for the staff at the HD just down the road and the staff at the Plattsburgh, NY Lowe's).

Status
Not open for further replies.