Home Depot Brand 07

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

compnurd

Aug 22, 2007
Lakes Region NH
Hey all,

HD has Fireside pellets last year which i liked alot and to me were better then the new england pellets i bought earlier in the year.

They are selling a different brand this year NLI(Natural Living Institute). Just curious if anyone knew anything about the brand. They want 250 a ton.

I was going to buy pellets from my local hardware store again this year but some [dude] ;) gave me an attitude about ordering early and not knowing the brand. as well as charging 275 a ton. I couldnt find the owner who set me up last year and gave me a good deal so i was upset

[minor expletives deleted by request] Sounds like you have the ATTITUDE!!! Thise site is cleaner than that. Other than that Welcome.

Well when your wife goes into a place to ask a couple questions and leaves there likes she has been told she knows nothing and men are better, you will call the guy a [dude] ;) too

I feel your pain. Alot of times people can be rude and that does make you want to call them names. I'm guilty myself. I've never heard of that brand of pellets. One good way to compare pellets is to look at the pellet fuels institute list gives you btu/lb and ash content. Personally I go for BTU/lb and forget ash as long as their premium pellets.

compnurd said:
Well when your wife goes into a place to ask a couple questions and leaves there likes she has been told she knows nothing and men are better, you will call the guy a (expletive deleted) too

Yes, thank you. A horrible position to be placed in.

Now kindly keep your expletives to yourself. As noted, other than that, welcome.

-- Mike

I thought men ARE better?

Natural Living Institute - isn't that the association of Nudists?
:coolsmirk:

In all seriousness, the only certain way to confirm the quality of a pellet for a particular stove is to burn a few bags and see - especially with private label stuff at HD, Tractor Supply, etc. - some of this stuff could be sourced at multiple vendors or at minimum from different loads and batches at the same vendor.....

Since you are in NH, did you try buying local - New England Pellets is in Jaffrey and www.pelletsales.com works with them and other vendors and will deliver to your door.......last time I heard, the price was better than what you mentioned also. So perhaps you can get your cake and eat it too!

Maybe the guys name was Richard? :)

They appear to be made from a company called PA Pellets? I tried a quote from pelletsales but 2 tons was not enough for my area and with delivery HD was cheaper.

Ash content on the HD Brand is less then 1% but they have no BTU rating on the bag

and sorry it is Natural Living Innovations

Do you know where on pelletheat it lists the ash content and btu ratings?

I did call around about NE Pellets and cheapest i could get was 265 a pallet(exact ton) plus some crazy delivery fees

thanks

You cloud try pelletsales.com they tend to have good prices and will deliver they are out NH as well.

north of 60 said:
[minor expletives deleted by request of old salt] Sounds like you have the ATTITUDE!!! Thise site is cleaner than that. Other than that Welcome.

Sometimes you have to call a duck a duck . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.