Home depot "buy more save more"

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kdp7462

Jan 10, 2007
Hi All,
Thought I would pass along an add in todays paper up in the lewiston area in Maine. Home depot has pellets advertised at 269/ton but it goes down from there depending on how many tons you buy.

2 pallets $488
3 pallets $707
4 pallets $926
5 pallets $1145.

If you need 5 ton the price is brought down to 229/ton, which is pretty cheap for this area. The brand in the ad is the firesude ultra black bag. My father in law used these last year with decent results.

Really Hot I too saw that ad in the Lewiston Paper and you beat me to the posting.
I agree the price is low for this area.
Last week while in the HD store I was talking to the sales clerk and he said "these particular pellets are a 80/20 mix" (80 hardwood 20 softwood) although I could not find any information to verify that on the bag, furthermore he stated "he was never certain what the next load ratio would be" he claimed they change and he never knows what the next load ration will be. We just accept what was shipped to us.
I wonder if others that have used these pellets could comment on them. Fireside -Ultra manufactured by Premium Pellet Corp. Montreal Canada

A Forum search for "Fireside Ultra" returns 120 hits so there should be some information to be had.

Brother Bart you are correct. I was running late picking up the Grandson at Boy Scout camp and didn't have a moment to spare. A search revealed a lot of posts. To me at least that there was no clear cut consencious. Some people loved them while other complained of low heat and high amounts of ash. There also seemed seemed to be an inconsistancy between bags labeld with different dates of manufacture. I guess it's one of those brands you just need to try yourself and see how they burn.

I tried the Fireside Ultra's last year. They were OK. The Lignetics and the Dry Creek were much better. especially the Lignetics. I still haven't purchase my supply for the season yet (need about 4 tons). They are still readily aviable and I'm getting quote for @ 270 delivered for lignetics.

wayoutthere007 said:
Where did you get the quote for $270 delivered for the Lignetics?

From my town hardware store. I live so close to the store (less than a mile). That they are delivering directly into my garage via fork lift. It's nice living in a small town.

sounds like the depot is getting desperate to move product, I was there today and noticed the same types of pricing on other stuff like paint, only you had to buy 100's of gallons to get the discounts.
I burned fireside ultra last winter and found them ok, no real problems except a few extra long pellets every now and then.

kdp7462 said:
Hi All,
Thought I would pass along an add in todays paper up in the lewiston area in Maine. Home depot has pellets advertised at 269/ton but it goes down from there depending on how many tons you buy.

2 pallets $488
3 pallets $707
4 pallets $926
5 pallets $1145.

If you need 5 ton the price is brought down to 229/ton, which is pretty cheap for this area. The brand in the ad is the firesude ultra black bag. My father in law used these last year with decent results.

I saw at Lowe`s in my area about the same price, $269, 1 ton save $25, 2 tons save $50, 3 tons save $100, etc.
on sale til Sept 30.......Starlight, ash less than 1%, fines less than .5%..... from Borden, IN. www.koettersmith.com
I bought 8 bags to try, soon.

round here homey d has pellets listed @ $229 with the 50,100,150,200 off deal. never thought 2 ask bout delivery.

Status
Not open for further replies.