Home depot deal

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 6, 2008
HD is offering a free ton of pellets with any "in stock" pellet stove purchase.
Funny thing I did not see any stoves there but a few tons of pellets in the greenhouse.

I wouldn't buy tooth picks from that place, just my two cents!

Hey don't knock Home Depot, I buy my BLAZER pellet from them, 199.00 a ton, I use my HD credit card, interest free 12 months. I buy my pellets in Sept and have 12 months to pay for them... Blazer are one of the best burning pellet I can buy in my area. 4.00 a bag is a great price.. I like Home Depot.. much better than paying 5.99 at OSH or 369.00 a ton at the Pellet stove near by..

I got a ton of premium Sommerset pellets free when I bought my Quadra Fire insert.... But I do shop at Home Depot, and havent been disappointed yet....

I even bought a small 2.5 gal shop vac for $19.95 from HD and it has so much suction you could pull the chrome off of a bumper hitch with it...!!

Mr Whitfield said:
Hey don't knock Home Depot, I buy my BLAZER pellet from them, 199.00 a ton, I use my HD credit card, interest free 12 months. I buy my pellets in Sept and have 12 months to pay for them... Blazer are one of the best burning pellet I can buy in my area. 4.00 a bag is a great price.. I like Home Depot.. much better than paying 5.99 at OSH or 369.00 a ton at the Pellet stove near by..

THose exact Blazers go for $5.98 bag around here. Amazing they make an extra $100 a ton or $2,200 a trailerload. I prefer to shop at Lowes around here for Lumber and Sears for tools. Will buy pellets anywhere pending price and quality. My stove doesn't care where she gets her fuel from.

Boy do I wish I could find more of those Somerset pellets - they were the best, non clinker, pellets I have ever burned. I bought a ton from Lowes in the fall. Only left a light powdery residue inside my Castile. Did not have to clean out burnpot for over a week - quite a difference from the Penningtons Stove Chow, and NE pellets where I have to chisel out the pot every couple of days. If only I was a better pellet pig earlier in the season....

I should have stated that my comment was local, the HD here went out of biz a while back, the customer service was non-existent. Menard's is a local big box here, better service, but I still like the local mom and pop places that know me by name. May be a bit more expensive, but I'll happily pay for good customer service.

just bought blazers from the Rochester, NH HD $5.98/bag, they smell like pine needles. they burn great, but some bags are sawdust and some are good, all from the same pallet.

Home Depot in Northern California just got pallets of Blazer at $5.08 a bag which is about $1.00 a bag less than the going rate at firewood stores around here. Don't knock Home Depot. I have gotten crappy service from the mom and pop stores as well and Home Depot doesn't hassle you about issuing a refund if the product doesn't work right. It just depends who you get at the time as I have also had great service at Home Depot.

OU812 said:
Home Depot in Northern California just got pallets of Blazer at $5.08 a bag which is about $1.00 a bag less than the going rate at firewood stores around here. Don't knock Home Depot. I have gotten crappy service from the mom and pop stores as well and Home Depot doesn't hassle you about issuing a refund if the product doesn't work right. It just depends who you get at the time as I have also had great service at Home Depot.

I'll take HD too. I know what I need when I go in there anyway. Most of the mom & pops have some teenage girl working after school that barely knows how to tie their shoe and is too busy texting to even acknowledge you. If you can't find spmething at HD they at least show you the isle it's in and the selection is available. Most mom & pops wood fit inside HDs nail and screw section.

I like Blazers, wish I could find them at HD in my area. The only place that sells them in my area is selling them for 7.50 per bag...

Status
Not open for further replies.