1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Home Depot / Lowes Inventory Status

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by Glosta, Jan 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JBiBBs5

JBiBBs5 Member

Loc:
    Rhode Island
    After doing a lot of reading on this forum I was hoping to get my hands on some Stove Chow or Green Team but I think it may turn into a cat and mouse game for those. Lowe's said they never know when they'll get the GT's and HD just seems to have no idea what's going on.

The local dealer has Vermonts for $265 a ton.

Would you say Nature's Own is my best bet?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Harman Lover 007

Harman Lover 007 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Eastern Mass & Lakes Region of Maine
    I have burned GTs in my P61A. Very good pellet for the money and no issues. I have a ton in the basement waiting for this coming season. FYI, if you sign up on the Greene Team website, they will notify you via email when they are shipping to your local Lowes. Then you will know for sure. Just use this link and ask them to notify you. Many of us here take advantage of the service.

http://greeneteampellets.com/?q=contact_us
  3. mepellet

mepellet Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central ME
    Thanks for the confidence booster about the GTs with the P61A! I signed up with the GT website and get emails frequently with them but have tried to confirm deliveries around the time the email said and haven't had any luck with 4 of the area Lowes.... I may just have to get 2 tons when I can find them. Thanks again.
  4. JBiBBs5

JBiBBs5 Member

Loc:
    Rhode Island
    How about Somerset pellets for $207 per ton? From what I've read those seem to be a great pellet for the price.
  5. jtakeman

jtakeman Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northwestern CT.
    IMHO the best you''ll find at a box store!
  6. JBiBBs5

JBiBBs5 Member

Loc:
    Rhode Island
    I'll head over to Tractor Supply on Saturday to pick up a couple of tons of the Somersets then. I'll also grab a few bags of GT's if they ever come around just to test them out.
  7. jtakeman

Loc:
    Northwestern CT.
    My local TSC said they would price match Lowes/HD and their current price is also $197/ton. See if yours cam price match if possible.
  8. JBiBBs5

JBiBBs5 Member

Loc:
    Rhode Island
    I don't think Lowe's has them in stock. Would they call to verify?
  9. jtakeman

Loc:
    Northwestern CT.
    Probaby would depend on the store manager, Couldn't hurt to try anyway!
  10. JBiBBs5

JBiBBs5 Member

Loc:
    Rhode Island
    The guy from Tractor Supply called me back and said he was mistaken. They carried Somerset last year and no longer have any in stock. Now carrying Inferno instead, which is a junk pellet from what I've read.

So i kept calling around and one of the local HD's carries Old Dominion which got a great review on woodpelletreviews.com. Would you recommend these? I'm considering purchasing a ton of them for the shoulder season and most likely splurging on the Vermont's for the colder months.
  11. pods8

pods8 New Member

Loc:
    Everett, WA
    I bought 2 pallets for $178/ea this weekend onsale (up in everett).
  12. kofkorn

kofkorn Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Central MA
    I have to give props to the local HD here in MA. We went down to the Bellingham store a few weeks ago and put an order in for 5 ton. Used the Lowes 10% coupon and used my HD card for 12 months no interest. They told me that they were about 3 weeks out on delivery, and they would call us when our turn came up. I asked them if possible to send us Stove Chow, as we used it last year and had good results. They gave me the standard line that they could not guarantee a particular brand yadda yadda yadda, but they made a note on the order slip anyway.

Three weeks later, we got a phone call saying that we were on the list for deliveries. The manager told us that she had Fireside Ultras, and would we like to arrange delivery of the Firesides or would we prefer to wait to see what may come up in the next delivery?? We opted to wait, and the manager was very kind and said no problem.

She called again last night, very enthusiastic. She had received the Stove Chow and had immediately tagged 5 tons for us. She was very happy to call us and let us know. We arranged for delivery today.

I was just impressed with the effort put in by her (unfortunately I don't remember her name, as she dealt with my wife on the phone.) I know that the big boxes treat pellets differently than nearly anyone else, but this was an above and beyond effort on her part.

I normally am not impressed with the general level of customer service that I get at HD, but this time certainly worked out well.

Kudos to them.
  13. sinnian

sinnian Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Limerick, Maine
    As of today (09/15/11) both Lowe's and HD in Windham Maine are sold out, but are expecting more soon.
  14. fidiro

fidiro New Member

Loc:
    Central NJ
    Just made a stop at my local Lowes and the GT's are now $3.58/bag. I should've saved the receipt as I paid 3.94 just a week ago.
  15. GrahamInVa

GrahamInVa Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Eastern, Virginia
    My local Lowes and HD don't even get their first shipment in until early October.. Not much demand around here I guess.
  16. nhdblfan

nhdblfan Member

Loc:
    Central NH
    Just came back from Claremont 6 tons(3 for my neighbor and 3 for me) @197 ( and no they are not going up in price unless HD does and thats not happening) -5% plus 65 delivery each (626 each) for Green Supreme.
    I would not be surprised if they stay at this price all winta, not plants have blown up like last two seasons,HG Lowes and Tractor Supply are now the big players and lot of pellets at lumber yards,stove co.
  17. fidiro

fidiro New Member

Loc:
    Central NJ
    Had to make another run to Lowes and found receipts for the last 100 bags and they adjusted the price. I think I got back something like $40, not really sure since they refunded everything and then made a new purchase with the new price plus the discounts for the coupons I had used.
  18. emmittjames

emmittjames New Member

Loc:
    central ct
    3 tons of Stove Chow delivered today -- Home Depot in Glastonbury, CT. They had 2 brands (can't remember the 2nd, just knew i didn't want them!) and i was able to successfully purchase the 3 tons i wanted with delivery AND get the correct pellets!

$197/ton + 10% off Lowes coupon match= $177 * 3 tons +$65 delivery = $596. not bad by me.

now to cleaning the stove....
  19. LewLasher

LewLasher Member

Loc:
    Stowe, Vermont
    As of this past weekend, Home Depot in Hooksett, NH had NO pellets.

Home Depot in Lebanon, NH had about 6 bags of Stove Chow yesterday.
  20. Millsk

Millsk Member

Loc:
    Eastern ct
    ooo where'd ya get the HD coupon?
  21. save$

save$ Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Chelsea Maine
    Hd in Augusta Me is out, but just down the road at TSC they have MWP for $197. Have not seen any yet at Sams. Also no stoves there so not sure if they are getting into it again. Also noticed Aubuchon Hardware has pellets at that same price. Not sure what brand.
  22. fidiro

fidiro New Member

Loc:
    Central NJ
    I think that the HD coupon mentioned above is the Lowes' moving coupon that is honored at HD as well
  23. mepellet

mepellet Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central ME
    Has Sams had pellets in previous years? What brand(s) do they usually have? Decent prices?
  24. save$

save$ Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Chelsea Maine
    Up until this year, Sam's has had pellets. I think they usually are pentingtons. I recall in the years before last, that people would show up and buy every pellet they had before the general public membership got to them. Last year, they had row upon row of pellets stacked high in the front parking lot. No mad rush to buy them. This year, I haven't seen any. Haven't noticed them at WalMart either, but that doesn't mean they don't.
  25. LewLasher

LewLasher Member

Loc:
    Stowe, Vermont
    No pellets at Home Depot in Hooksett, NH.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.