Home Depot / Lowes Inventory Status

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
home depot in enfield ct does not have any pellets and the person i asked said no more till next winter

I wonder why BJ's is not selling pellets.

Home Depot and Lowes in Batavia, NY are out. Ended up getting a ton of American Wood Fibers for 210 from a local building supply store.

lowes in Derby is out (I wanted to get some North American pellets..!!).
Same for HD Waterbury/Derby.

I saw nothing in the Torrington Lowes or HD last night. Barkhamsted TSC has some Stove Chow.

Of coarse both my local pellet houses have plenty! And a large selection too!

j-takeman said:
I saw nothing in the Torrington Lowes or HD last night. Barkhamsted TSC has some Stove Chow.

I apologize for doing this here, but I have to ask....
Pellet Pig Club???
Excuse the 'newbie' question, but.... What the heck is this?

My local HD (Hooksett) states they're attempting to order more (for what that's worth).
Bought Saturday and again Monday and watched they're stock dissipate.

Enfield HD out for weeks, TSC has like 15 ton outside, looks half Instantheatless and something else in white plastic.
Buddy said Bloomfield Lowes has plenty including Green Team and Chow and Nation's Choice.

olddawgsrule said:
j-takeman said:

I apologize for doing this here, but I have to ask....
Pellet Pig Club???
Excuse the 'newbie' question, but.... What the heck is this?

My local HD (Hooksett) states they're attempting to order more (for what that's worth).
Bought Saturday and again Monday and watched they're stock dissipate.

Pellet pig= He/she who hoards more than needed! See link for rules and requirements

https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/26445/

Last week, Lowes had small amouts (at four locations) Nations Choice, Greenway and Inferno @4.18/bag

At HD, very low amounts of pellets. Some Fireside at 4.08/bag

Lowes and HD are done for the year around here. Hope to score 6-8 tons of class 'A' pellets (not the box store junk) during the spring buy. Want to have two years worth as I am betting the cost of pellets go to the moon.

Lowes Raynham MA- Stove chow $4.97 a bag, saw 6 ton left in the garden center.

HD Bridgewater MA - Fireside Ultra $4.59 a bag. Only saw a couple of ton sitting in the garden
center and they look a bit rough.

TSC Taunton MA - MWP $4.97 a bag, about 10 ton in the lot.

I am waiting for mud season to come and go before I can reload. Basement bulkhead door
is still under about 2 feet of solid ice/snow so it will be a while before I can get it open.

Only have a weeks worth of Okies/Barefoots left so
today I bought the last ton they had of Green Team @ $209 at
Lowes in W Bridgewater, MA. Plenty of Maines Choice in stock there.

Wareham, MA Lowes = Many tons of Maines Choice
Avon, MA Home Depot = zero pellets, guy says another shipment expected soon?

Ya,
they suck though. The heat isn't bad but I just run 2 bags and my stove is a mess. I ran 2 oaky's and 1 cubex prior to the Maine choice and the stove was fine. I did clean it even though I didn't need to but I figure a real comparison would clean stove for clean stove. Was no need to clean after the others but the Maine choice are nasty. I also got 5" in a 5 gallon bucket,of piece's small enough to go through a 1/4" hole in my strainer...wont buy them again unless it is all I can get...just my 2 cents. I take offense that they put Maine's name on them...lol... What can I say? I'm Maina

Just received the following email from Robbie @ Greene Team:

Justin
We have received purchase orders from Lowe's for the following locations:
Store City, State Phone # Projected Ship Date
1 LOWE'S HOOKSETT, NH (603) 310-2520 3-Mar-11
2 LOWE'S BEDFORD, NH (603) 518-9900 3-Mar-11
3 LOWE'S TILTON, NH (603) 729-2016 3-Mar-11

I think my first ton is gonna be Greene Team, provided I get my tax money in time.

HD seems to be continuing to re-stock their wood pellet supply, at least in my area. Over 12 tons of Fireside Ultras were sitting throughout the enclosed entrance and exit areas of the store today, so I picked up 1/2 ton and threw it in the back of my pickup when I was out there buying some PVC piping earlier today. TSC also got a load of Lignetics in today. HD's price was up to $237/ton for the Fireside Ultra's, TSC is at $250 per ton for Lignetics.

NONE of my nearby Lowes have any pellets ar all, some of them had a few tons by noon today and nothing now, missed my chance of getting those green team.

Jay, did you by them ALL ........lol

geek said:
NONE of my nearby Lowes have any pellets ar all, some of them had a few tons by noon today and nothing now, missed my chance of getting those green team.

Jay, did you by them ALL ........lol

I warned ya! ;-P hehe No geek, I only need one more ton and gonna get it from the pellet house during spring buy special, IF we get one!

i only have 35 bags left, was ready to go to lowes and called around in the morning but then all ran out by 4pm...

I need maybe 25 bags to get me to end of season.

I'd prefer North American (Currans blend) over stove chow and i wanted to take advantage of a 10% coupon from lowes.

But your just a tad late there partner! So must not be so dang picky when pickins are slim! :)

BT carries the Curran blend last I knew($=???IDK). CT has MWP for 210.00 Both good shoulder pellets plus IMHO.

j-takeman said:
But your just a tad late there partner! So must not be so dang picky when pickins are slim! :)

BT carries the Curran blend last I knew($=???IDK). CT has MWP for 210.00 Both good shoulder pellets plus IMHO.

Who is ct? Do they have web site?

iceman said:
j-takeman said:

Who is ct? Do they have web site?

I have been sworn to an oath and cannot tell. :) jk I'll tell you as long as you promise to save me a ton!

http://www.ctpellet.com/

Same deal with Lowes in WNY, all the stores I called were out of pellets and saying they were done for the season. However, several of the HD's were telling me the same thing, yet I show up at my local HD and lo and behold 12+ tons of Fireside Ultra's sitting in the enclosed exit and entry areas. Was so tempted to have a ton fork lifted onto the pickup but used restraint and only bought 25 bags (reason: I didn't feel like hauling 50 bags of pellets into my basement today). I already had enough pellets to make it through the rest of the season before today's purchase at HD, so I guess I'll have some stash available when the heating season kicks in later in 2011. After burning 1/2 bag of Fireside Ultra's today, they burn hot, my first floor is roasting at 76°F right now, furnace is only running at Level 3 out of 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.