Home Depot "Out of Stock" on Englander 25?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RALPH125

Jun 22, 2008
SE Mass
Hi all (my 1st post)--After a few weeks of research - including lurking here--I decided on an Englander 25
for my stove. I get the impression that it's well made-does what it's supposed to do-and the price is great ($1400 inc tax & delivery).

It sounds like the downside is you're on your own for service but do-able for the reasonably competent DIYer-
and it needs a little bit more cleaning/maintenence.

Like 2 bazillion other New Englanders--I'm thinking about that 4-5$/gal heating oil cost so I wasn't surprised when the the local HD said they had no stoves in stock.

I went on-line--the web site stated product was "out-of stock on-line-check local store".

I called the merchandise order # though--& whoever I spoke with said they still had 6 in the warehouse and put the oreder thru for me--delivery in 10-14 days.

Also ordered 3 tons of pellets @ 275/ton..................

Hopefully I won't have to freeze my arse off this winter...................................

home depot should be getting filled back up shortly , we are shipping a bunch of both depot and lowes orders daily.

if your local doesnt have them , check with the "pro" desk and see when they are scheduled inbound , usually they can tell you when they should hit that store.

if that doesnt work , if ya hit the "brick wall" there , PM me and i'l try to find out from my end. may take a couple days for me to get the info though so if ya go that route , be patient please :)

stoveguy2esw said:
home depot should be getting filled back up shortly , we are shipping a bunch of both depot and lowes orders daily.

if your local doesnt have them , check with the "pro" desk and see when they are scheduled inbound , usually they can tell you when they should hit that store.

if that doesnt work , if ya hit the "brick wall" there , PM me and i'l try to find out from my end. may take a couple days for me to get the info though so if ya go that route , be patient please :)

Thanks--but I do have one on order. Although the web site said "out of stock" when I called the 1-800 order #--they told me they still had six in the warehouse & put the order thru for me....Ralph

Status
Not open for further replies.