Home Depot sale

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wingsfan

Feeling the Heat
Dec 1, 2008
Jackson,Mi.
Does anyone have any ideal when homedepot will start thier sale on stoves? And whats the magic zip code for sale prices. Also do they put the chimney parts on sale at the same time? I just recently bought the englander 30 from them,(at full price) but now I need a chimney.Looking for the best prices.

HD prices and sales seems to vary by region. Here in Oregon all the HD stove stuff is still full price and only online. I do not think that this year will be the same as last year regarding stove sales at HD. Last year HD stores carried an inventory of stoves at the stores, and seemed to have had the big sale to sell it all off last spring. This year HD (at least locally) does not have any stoves in inventory and they only have online ordering for stoves. I am not sure about stove parts, if they carry them year round or sell them seasonally. That also seems to vary by store here. I have shopped at 5 different ones locally.

Lowes is selling off their inventory locally. They have some off-brand that I have never heard of, and they also have some dinged and seriously damaged stoves on sale that I was looking at. I think I would rather get an Englander 30... or an equivalent US Stove from HD.

last I bought for my parents the 30 for 649.00. The zip code is Pa.15301 right now it is 899 or 849 shipped

My sales territory is 5.5 counties here in Michigan and I stop at most of the HD's to have a look see when I an in another town. In Michigan only some stores carry stoves in stock. Two store within 20 miles of my home have them and I know of another store an hour away that has 4 or 5 in stock. Everyone is still at 899.00 in Michigan as of last week but I keep looking. If I find one at under 700.00 I will buy it on the spot and bring my truck back to pick it up. Unfortunately HD is not a commission driven sales force so there is little motivation for an individual rep to call if they can get me a good deal or the price drops.

I will just keep waiting and looking but when I get a deal I will post up here where and when.

Regarding the components and sales price??? No idea but I would imagine the bigger stuff, in stock, will go on sale to make room for new inventory. Pretty much all the stores I have been in over the past two weeks have been in inventory change over mode - stocking spring time items on the floor. I imagine this would motivate a sale if it were up to individual management and inventory space but I think pricing comes from corporate with the BBS.

Maybe someone here knows an HD Mgr that has an inside scoop on when and how price cuts are determined? Anyone? Beauler???

BTW - I notice you are in Jackson, MI - if they go on sale down there let me know. I live in Fowlerville and my territory is east of me and north covering Oakland County to Port Huron/lake St. Clair with the entire thumb as my northern portion. Okemos and Howell have them in stock as well as the Lapeer store. Those are the 3 I know of off hand.

Bob Urban

In the past they've gone on sale here as soon as they want the stove and snowthrower space for push and ride lawn mowers.

Home Depot here only had electric heaters this year. ( except for 2 left over stoves from last year)
I didn't see wood pellets, either.

Last year I seem to remember Brother Bart suggesting that HD was not going to carry Englanders in stores but would make them available via on-line ordering. I think the gist was that the $650 sales were not going to be an annual thing. I doubt HD is stupid enough to carry stoves through the winter, then slash 'em to P in the spring (is that a loss or break-even price for them?) as an annual practice. The public would catch on shortly and pretty soon the only stoves they were selling would be during the sale.

When I bought mine the guy there told me they were cutting way back on their stove inventory because they didn't sell very well mainly because HD never put forth the effort to sell everything else needed to install a stove. They sold what would be needed in SOME applications, but I had to buy the flex liner elsewhere. When buying a woodstove the salesman's knowlege is invaluable. Sure enough this year they carried no stoves.

Now if HD was clever they might sell these at low-cost and carry a larger selection of chimney supplies and make their money selling those things.

dont forget, go on ebay and get a 10% coupon! I do it all the time and saves money when you shop there.

maverick06 said:
dont forget, go on ebay and get a 10% coupon! I do it all the time and saves money when you shop there.

You mean, a coupon for a stove bought on Ebay? Or, Ebay gives away HD coupons?

bluedogz said:
maverick06 said:

People sell the coupons on eBay.

BobUrban said:
My sales territory is 5.5 counties here in Michigan and I stop at most of the HD's to have a look see when I an in another town. In Michigan only some stores carry stoves in stock. Two store within 20 miles of my home have them and I know of another store an hour away that has 4 or 5 in stock. Everyone is still at 899.00 in Michigan as of last week but I keep looking. If I find one at under 700.00 I will buy it on the spot and bring my truck back to pick it up. Unfortunately HD is not a commission driven sales force so there is little motivation for an individual rep to call if they can get me a good deal or the price drops.

I will just keep waiting and looking but when I get a deal I will post up here where and when.

Regarding the components and sales price??? No idea but I would imagine the bigger stuff, in stock, will go on sale to make room for new inventory. Pretty much all the stores I have been in over the past two weeks have been in inventory change over mode - stocking spring time items on the floor. I imagine this would motivate a sale if it were up to individual management and inventory space but I think pricing comes from corporate with the BBS.

Maybe someone here knows an HD Mgr that has an inside scoop on when and how price cuts are determined? Anyone? Beauler???

BTW - I notice you are in Jackson, MI - if they go on sale down there let me know. I live in Fowlerville and my territory is east of me and north covering Oakland County to Port Huron/lake St. Clair with the entire thumb as my northern portion. Okemos and Howell have them in stock as well as the Lapeer store. Those are the 3 I know of off hand.

Bob Urban

The hd in jackson does not carry stoves either. We went to E.Lansing to get the one we just bought(which was 47miles each way).I paid full price for the stove just to make sure I got one.They only had 2 in stock.I have been checking prices all around and I think that the Menards here in town will cost m the least amount to go thru the wall and run approxamatly 20ft of chimney pipe.If I see or hear about any savings for anyone, I will be sure to pass it on. And thanks for your heads up.

There are a whole host of vendors that sell woodstove piping & chimney components online at reasonable prices any old time of the year. Many of our members here have used these vendors and reported very good results. Just google something like "woodstove chimney" or whatever. Just a few that pop up include woodlanddirect.com, ventingpipe.com, discountchimneysupply.com, northlineexpress.com...and there are many others to shop. You might fine a good deal for what you need without having to go see what HD has from week to week. Rick

Just a heads up on HD, if you are a veteran you get 10% off at HD. I carry my DD214 and you have to ask and get 10% off.

BrotherBart said:
bluedogz said:
maverick06 said:

People sell the coupons on eBay.

People sell fraudulant coupons too. I ended up with some. Like anything on the bay, watch out.

The last time I was at the Depot, all the stoves were gone. It had been replaced with all the springtime stuff. This was over a week ago.
The 2 HD's that I frequent usually have the 30 on display, and one of them had two 17's too.
They weren't even up in the racks......I looked. :coolsmirk:

Status
Not open for further replies.