Home for sale with questionable hearth pad...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 14, 2008
northshore ma
Builder bought a house that was completely gutted and rebuilt. Nice but i didn't know they can make hearthpads look to be of wood flooring material...(Sarcasm...) Or maybe this stove doesn't need it...regardless not in my house!

upload_2016-7-18_10-49-51.png

That setup is strictly for show and not for go. Hope the inspector flags that one.

Maybe this is a new idea in stove design. You don't have to keep feeding it wood because it merely burns up the hardwood floor. :rolleyes:

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Possible ceramic tile flooring simulating wood?

Possible ceramic tile flooring simulating wood?
Even if that was the case I think a higher R value is needed for this Franklin.

Reactions: Ashful
Umm............

Something just doesn't smell right. (like a housefire smells)

Weird selling point for the realtor. "If ya don't like your family much,
light this baby up and go shopping for a couple of hours." "Then, I have more
houses to show you?"

On a positive note, at least there is a brick backing (but close enuff to cook the paint).
As a safety precaution, there's a nice rug to catch embers so the floor doesn't get burn holes.

I had one of those stoves. They are pure junk and will most certainly try to burn your house down.

I had one of those stoves. They are pure junk and will most certainly try to burn your house down.

Agree. I removed that exact stove from my camp that my grandfather had installed. Terrible to get a good draft and just awful. We put it at the end of the driveway with a 'free' sign.

well now you know where it went

Agree. I removed that exact stove from my camp that my grandfather had installed. Terrible to get a good draft and just awful. We put it at the end of the driveway with a 'free' sign.

I sold mine to some poor soul for $70. He told me he intended to heat his whole house with it. I wonder if his house is still standing. That guy had slammer written all over him.

Reactions: sportbikerider78
Makes you wonder about the rest of the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.