Home made chicken pot pie......YUM

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hogwildz

Minister of Fire
Made some home made chicken pot pies last week, 16 individual ones to be exact LOL. What a PITA, but they taste great.
I'll go with 9" pies next time.
Decided to wrap one in foil and put it on the insert while I loaded wood in the house today.
The whole house smells so good , damn tasty.
I guess I could call it...."Chicken Pot Pie Potpourri"
So much better than those store bought ones!

Attachments

• SAM_4426.jpg
    SAM_4426.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 414
  • SAM_4427.jpg
    SAM_4427.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 396
  • SAM_4428.jpg
    SAM_4428.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 434
  • SAM_4429.jpg
    SAM_4429.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 429
damn that looks good!! :coolsmile:

holy man! i getting hungry! glad you gave winter a second chance and got over that cabin fever thing...if it were summer, we never would have seen these!

Looks great Hogwildz.

Zap

Good Morning!! I love chicken pot pies ...... but not those frozen things you buy in the store. How hot did you have the insert and how long did it take to cook them?

That looks good, nothing like home made chicken pot pie.

wood spliter said:
Looks great. My bride makes them and I always look forward to them. She makes them in a pie tin.

That is in a pie tin, but I got the single serving ones. Alot of hassle. As I said, I will use a 9" pie tin next time.

Boozie said:
Good Morning!! I love chicken pot pies ...... but not those frozen things you buy in the store. How hot did you have the insert and how long did it take to cook them?

Insert was prolly crusing along at 600ish thermo temp on front, So maybe 650-700ish on top, not sure.
It sat on there for hmmm, 45 mins or so
Oh and the blowr was going full blast. I had the pie wrapped totally in foil, with the blower blowing on it as well as the top shelf baking from below.
Damn, now I am hungry!

Hogwildz said:
Boozie said:
How hot did you have the insert and how long did it take to cook them?

Insert was prolly crusing along at 600ish thermo temp on front, So maybe 650-700ish on top, not sure.
It sat on there for hmmm, 45 mins or so
Oh and the blowr was going full blast. I had the pie wrapped totally in foil, with the blower blowing on it as well as the top shelf baking from below.

Your stove is evidently a lot different from mine as to where the "top shelf" is with a "blower going on it". My choices would be on top of the stove (blower wouldn't blow on it up there); or, inside the stove ..... which you didn't do. I'll just have to do some experimenting I suppose.

You're making me hungry. I love a good pot pie!

Status
Not open for further replies.