Home Owner's increases by $245/year w/woodstove!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When I switched from Geico to USAA, we saved over 2000.00 a year combined for homeowners and both cars full coverage. I literally wanted to hug my agent! All the same coverage too. Can't say enough good things about USAA.

Amica here who are actually based in CT. No price increase. I was originally going to install it myself but found that it was better to just pay $400 to have a licensed company install the liner. I assume for liability reasons.

Last edited:
I have state farm in PA. I don't recall paying any more for home owners. But that was 14 years ago. I do recall asking if they wanted to look at it and they said no.
We have State Farm too. No increase and they did not need to see it.

We're so screwed here at our house, I doubt we'll ever get homeowner's insurance. Three wood stoves, no central heating system, six golden retrievers, and nearest fire hydrant 4 miles away. That last one is the first thing I've been asked when shopping the past year. Now and then, every few months, I do a little shopping just for the heck of it. Last week, five different insurers asked me, right off, how far from the nearest hydrant. Conversation was over within a minute each time. With Geico, lack of central heating system killed the deal before they asked about the hydrant.

Lots of places do not have fire hydrants any area that has well water which is a huge percentage of the population.

We have Goodville Ins. and live 4 miles from closest fire hydrant and FD and all they wanted was a picture w/ the clearances written in and a pic of the UL listing. There was no increase in premiums.

When I switched from Geico to USAA, we saved over 2000.00 a year combined for homeowners and both cars full coverage. I literally wanted to hug my agent! All the same coverage too. Can't say enough good things about USAA.

That is pretty intense... If I saved 2000 a year for homeowners and car insurance the insurance company would be paying me about 400$ a year...holy smokes.

Status
Not open for further replies.