Homesaver Pro, Ventinox, Flex King, Forever Flex, what liner is the most bang for the buck?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dsell

Aug 25, 2008
Kansas
I have a Hampton HI300 on order and need to select a stainless 6 inch liner for my chimney which is about 17 ft tall. I don't mind paying more for a good product but I don't want to pay for a name. I searched the Forums but never found a good comparison between brands. If there is/are good thread/s on this subject, please let me know. I plan to insulate it with 1/2 wrap around. My chimney is 13x13 tile and I have not checked the damper opening for size. Hart's Hearth leans me toward Homesaver Pro. Thanks

Forever Flex from ChimneysweepOnline was a good deal. We bought the kit and everything was included. Great service and fast shipping. I would recommend them to anyone looking for a place online to order from.

I just ordered 15' of ventinox 316ti, with 1/2 inch insulation wrap. The entire thing cost 700 bucks. I read some of the posts by the webmaster here regarding Ventinox and the fact that it has a welded vs pressed seam, and that they have been making liners that are field tested for years, and I was sold.

I figure, you're only going to do this once (hopefull) no point having something come apart on you.

Since your chimney run is so short, go with some high quality materials.

If you had a 35 foot chimney, then maybe it would be a different story.

If you want to know where to find the best prices online for Ventinox, just PM me and I'll let you know where I bought mine.

Thanks for the replies. Ventinox is one that I considered. I recently found information on Homesaver Roundflex and Olympia Armor Flex which seem to be about the same product. They are both about .015 thick verses .006 thick for the Homesaver Pro. I can buy the Roundflex 304 stainless for $200 more than the 316ti Homesaver pro. The joints of Roundflex are not gas tight like the Pro. Is thicker better? Is 304 the wrong product to get? Is the gas tight joint an issue? Homesaver also has the Roundflex in 316 but it is twice the price.

If you have to ovalize the pipe in any way do not use the Armor Flex or Roundflex two ply pipe. The inside lamination separates in the ovalizing process. The lamination can also separate some from too much flexing during installation. It is great think stuff and the 304 interior layer is fine for wood burning but I had to pull mine and junk it after one season because of the separations from ovalizing to get it down my chimney. I went back in with DuraFlex single wall pipe.

I don't plan to ovalize the flex. I was able to pass a metal Folgers can through the opening without trouble, which is 6 1/8 diameter. The only info that I could find on 6 inch flex is to add 1/4 inch to the 6, 5.5, 5, or whatever the trade size is. You stated that it is double wall. Are both walls 304 stainless?

You would have to check with the manufacturer. Looks like 304 inside and out to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.