Homestead hearth mount

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool, that is much better. The pics of the stove sitting behind the surround threw me off. I think the pipe is going to need better support. The old firestop may not fit the new pipe and it will offer no support. For peace of mind I would consider supporting the class A pipe at the bottom with a proper support.
Thanks Begreen, 14-15 cords of white oak sittin in the sun on the south side of my woods on pallets,slpit small. Not doing us any good till we get this thing fired up. Just had knee surgery so gimpin along on this install. Manson friend coming by tomorrow. My 14 yr old huntin partner thinks it working though. IMAG0266.jpg

I always chuckle when I read the homestead is ZC approved, few existing hearths are adequate.
You know Dave think its from the ash box, witch is nice. Thinking of putting some 2" mineral wool ins. in the box. What you think?

Well folks she's done for Christmas. Will post a picture of the bottom support for the pipe in the morning.

IMAG0316.jpg

IMAG0319.jpg
Used a Selkirk outside support plate which is what the tee is sitting on. Frame is 1 1/2" ,1/8" angle. 1/2" ready rod. Painted every thing that would be visible with high temp flat black paint. Did run the romex up to mantel receptacle. The mantel beam came from a local barn built in 1903. Real stone to act as heat sink. Used 2 1/2 granite for top of hearth. Boy will this baby put out the heat. Went though the brake in process as per manual. Temps inside chimney chase running 100 to 115 after running for a day.

Merry Christmas, begreen,dakota dad,thanks for your inputs!IMAG0316.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.