Homestead premium Pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The inside says Canada but with most things nowadays it is probably part Chinese. The convection blower is made by Fasco. Now I had two problems with this stove. The first was the control panel.
When I first got it and started it up the fuse kept blowing. My dealer replaced it immediatley and it had been fine since. My guess is this was something the company and dealer was aware could happen. They had the part in stock and it was obviously an updated panel. Second problem was my burn pot. It did not fit correctly and
I was getting too much air bypassing the pot causing serious clinkers. I would have to clean the pot every 12 hours or so. The also did a factory upgrade of the convection blower.

If my dealer or the company were not so quick to fix my issues I would probaly have not been happy with this purchase. However, they were great and the stove does a wonderful job of heating my house, approximatley 2,200 sq feet.

What I like about the stove and the reason I bought it is it holds 3 bags of pellet, is easy to clean and heats really well. I can now go about a week before I have to shut it down and clean the ash pan. I could not be happier and would recommend this stove to anybody. I have only used it for a few months so the jury is still out on longevity. We will see in a couple years if my recommendation will change.

Scott,

The stoves are an Inca Metal Cutting Ltd product and are sold under at least 3 different names.

The various parts are from all over the place. The two FASCO blowers on the stove are not always even produced in the same country.

IHATEPROPANE,

If the other location we have discussed in the past as a problem is taken care (assuming it exists on your stove) of it will be even further between any cleanings caused by burn pot buildup.

Hi Smokey,

Yes those slight gaps where the metal comes together at the top of the auger and feed are still there. I am going to seal them this off season with some high temp sealent. Is there a particular kind you would recommend? Even with these gaps my burn pot is virtually empty at the end of the week. I burn about 2 bags a day so by day 7 my ash pan is pretty full. I could probably go a couple more days but I like to make it a routine. I was burning Maine's Choice, Grean Team's, Stove Chow and Curran's Blend, but mostly Maine's Choice after the fix and all were basically the same as far as ash and burn pot went.

I don't know what the size of the ash pan is in that stove and not having burned 3 of the pellets you listed (so I don't have a feel for the ash amount and density) so I haven't any way of comparing things, but Jay's ash volume figures should provide a good idea about how long one could go without emptying the ash pan. The one on mine makes it through a ton or more depending upon which of the pellets I'm burning.

I used a thin window gasket to seal the area between the auger flight cover and the end of the auger flight. That way I don't have to break a seal to remove the flight cover to clear any jams.

Status
Not open for further replies.